PDA

View Full Version : Toe Cleavage

magicofdisney
06-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't mind toe cleavage?

I'm researching a new pair of flats. Lately I feel like many reviewers are raking the designers over the coals because of toe cleavage. I think it's cute. I do NOT like chest cleavage but I'm a modest dresser. This is probably very silly, but I wonder why some are so against the adorable toe cleavage. :)

Melanie
06-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Oh my! LOL I'd never thought about it, or heard it referred to as such.

Guess it doesn't bother me. :D

BrerGnat
06-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I've never heard this term but it is funny.

John
06-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Oddly enough, had a violin player mention it to me while we were doing her website many moons ago in the dawn of the internet. Thought it was funny back then... Still funny now.

MNNHFLTX
06-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Had to respond to this topic, lol. As someone with somewhat long toes, I am familiar with toe cleavage, but I had no idea there was actually a phrase coined for it. Obviously, I'm not against it!

Puppy Mom
06-04-2015, 11:07 AM
OK, I will admit up front that I am weird, but I just don't care for seeing feet at all in certain circumstances.

In my weird little world naked (almost) feet do not belong in restaurants and men should not wear sandals at all except at the beach. I think I got this way from seeing one too many cases of bad foot fungus, cracked heels and general grossness in public.

Am I the only one?

BrerGnat
06-04-2015, 11:14 AM
OK, I will admit up front that I am weird, but I just don't care for seeing feet at all in certain circumstances.

In my weird little world naked (almost) feet do not belong in restaurants and men should not wear sandals at all except at the beach. I think I got this way from seeing one too many cases of bad foot fungus, cracked heels and general grossness in public.

Am I the only one?

You might be the only one. I have no problem with sandals, flip flops, etc. Living in California for so many years, it is standard footwear for the majority of people.

What I absolutely CANNOT stand, ever, is people going barefoot outside of places such as pools, beaches, waterparks, etc. If you are walking on pavement, in a store, or even out to get the mail, shoes belong on your feet. That skeeves me out to no end to see people walking around barefoot with the bottoms of their feet black.

MNNHFLTX
06-04-2015, 02:58 PM
You might be the only one. I have no problem with sandals, flip flops, etc. Living in California for so many years, it is standard footwear for the majority of people.

What I absolutely CANNOT stand, ever, is people going barefoot outside of places such as pools, beaches, waterparks, etc. If you are walking on pavement, in a store, or even out to get the mail, shoes belong on your feet. That skeeves me out to no end to see people walking around barefoot with the bottoms of their feet black.I agree! Plus the nurse in me thinks about all the bacteria/fungus those feet carry around and the all the sharp objects just waiting to cut up those feet. :eek:

If a person lives (or has lived) in a southern climate, sandals and flip/flops are the preferred footwear for most of the year. Just a fact of life.

joonyer
06-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I agree! Plus the nurse in me thinks about all the bacteria/fungus those feet carry around and the all the sharp objects just waiting to cut up those feet. :eek:

If a person lives (or has lived) in a southern climate, sandals and flip/flops are the preferred footwear for most of the year. Just a fact of life.

Never mind that human beings have walked the earth for hundreds of thousands of years on their bare feet. That's what the soles of our feet are for. When I was a kid, I didn't wear shoes all summer long except on Sundays and the soles of my feet got thick, like a good leather shoe sole. Now I wear shoes everyday, but they are not really good for your feet. On the other hand, neither is hot pavement, broken glass, etc. that our ancestors didn't have to worry about. But the soles of our feet are pretty resistant to germs, etc. All that being said, some people's feet are pretty disgusting to look at.

magicofdisney
06-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I confess I'm a bit of a foot snob. I don't care to see naked feet unless they're very well groomed.

To that end, I was stuck sitting next to a lady on a plane a couple of weeks ago. She proceeded to remove her leather shoes, exposing her smelly, naked feet while rubbing them excessively into the plane's carpet (that's a whole other issue). :ack: And she didn't appear to speak English. I was unsure how to address that topic with her without humiliating her so I just put perfume on a napkin and stuck it over my nose during the flight. If only she had simply exposed her toe cleavage...

Melanie
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I guess I just don't really pay attention to other people's feet that much?

missymouseworld
06-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't mind toe cleavage?

So funny, made me laugh....

Cinderelley
06-05-2015, 09:45 AM
I had to look this up to see what it was. I only wear tennis shoes and never notice other people's feet, so it is a non issue for me.
I do believe in running around barefoot though unless you are diabetic or have other foot problems. Sure, I've gotten a few splinters but I've had splinters in other places too.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm a southerner - we go barefoot as soon as the frost danger is gone.
I've heard the term toe cleavage. I have a couple of pairs of peep toe wedges that provide toe cleavage.