PDA

View Full Version : FP+ for 4

pixiesmimi
05-30-2015, 12:25 PM
We have 4 in our group going to WDW last week in Sept. When we make FP reservations for a ride that not necessarily everyone in the group wants to ride, can we make reservations for all four and someone ride the ride twice using one of the other FP? I know the FP are on the Magic Bands for each person and wonder how you would do this. With the old FP paper system we would just get FP for everyone and if someone didn't want to ride, another person would just ride twice. Can this be done with the Magic Bands now? I need to know before I start making FP reservations.

CanadianWDWFan
05-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Yup! You just have give the MB that didn't go on the ride to whoever wants to ride the second time. We did this in December and had no issues with it at all.

Spang88
05-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Good to know!

Thanks for asking this question, I also wondered about this.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2015, 11:29 AM
If you want to have someone ride twice, then yes, the above advice is perfect.

But/And, you don't have to book the same FP+ for everyone in your group/family. It might not apply in this situation, but I know a lot of people think that it is "all or nothing" for the group. So, you could book some people on one attraction, and others on a nearby one, if that works better for your group.

For example, DH goes in 7Dwarves, and DD & I meet Anna & Elsa, something he has no desire to do at all.

There are still lots of options, having some people ride twice, or splitting the group up for FP+ selections.

pixiesmimi
05-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Thanks! That answers my question. Just wanted to make sure we could do this.

Yes , I knew we could split the FPs up but DH said to just make them all for the same thing like Mission Space and those that wanted to could ride twice. (I don't ride Mission Space. ):sick: We will make that decision ride by ride now that we know we can. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
06-02-2015, 12:24 PM
If you would prefer to NOT have to physically swap MBs around within your group, go to the front desk at your resort and tell them you would like RFID cards (basically the same as the old KTTK cards) printed and linked to your MDE account. This will give you "credit card" like cards that function exactly the same as Magic Bands, and they can be used to access someone's else FP+ without that person having to give up their band. You simply scan the RFID card instead of your MB when doing the FP+ scan at the attraction.

pixiesmimi
06-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Good idea! Thanks!