PDA

View Full Version : First night onsite

Katzateer
05-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Got a great rate out of BWI for our flight in December! Thinking of staying the first and last night of our trip at POP then the rest of the nights at SOG. That way we can use Magical express. If I have my tickets and the first night at POP on My Disney Experience will I be able to book all my dining and FP+ the first day of availability? (180 days out and 60 days out) or do I have to book dining day by day and (FP+ 30 days out?). Hope I can just get it done.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2015, 12:03 PM
It is a big maybe. Some people have reported being able to book for the whole time (especially FP+), but others haven't.

I would plan to be only able to do the days attached to your POP stay in advance, and be delighted if you can indeed to them all.

Itchy
05-29-2015, 12:12 PM
For our trip in Sept we have already booked the dining. We were well under the 180 day mark and had no trouble. My daughter for the second time was able to score dinner at BOG, I don't know how she does it.

As far a the fast passes we will have to wait till the 60 day mark and then we can make them. We have never had an issue since they started this service.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

Fangorn
05-29-2015, 08:54 PM
That should work just fine.

I had a split stay last fall - 14 days in all. On day T-180 I was able to make ADRs out for 10 days even though the first reservation was only 3 days. I'm pretty sure the existence of a Disney reservation is what triggers the +10 Window of opportunity, actual dates aren't checked. Same goes for FP+: the existence of a room reservation allows the Window to open @ T-60 as opposed to T-30. Again, actual dates don't appear to be checked. From a systems perspective, this would be the simplest way to go - trying to validate every date would not only be complex and error prone, but it frankly wouldn't yield any significant benefit to Disney.

The system does, however, check the number of days for which you have tickets and limit you to that many days of FP+s. So if you only purchase a 2 day ticket up front (to allow you to make those FP+ reservations and spread out the cost), and plan on upgrading when you get there, you'll only be able to get FP+s for 2 days. It may not apply to you, but it is something to be aware of.

Steve