PDA

View Full Version : AOA mermaid room - help!

disneyfan328
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
So we are headed back to the world in December for my daughters sweet 16 birthday. It was her request to go instead of having Christmas and a big birthday party. She has mentioned (on more than one occaision!) that we always stay at ASMov and she doesn't want this to be "just like our other trips" she really wants to stay at AOA - we haven't told her yet but that is exactly the plan......HOWEVER.....we booked a little mermaid room - there are only 4 of us and the suites are just too expensive......my biggest concern is the distance from these rooms to the main building (food court etc.) I am reading that it is quite a distance to walk to your room (especially at the end of a day walking at the parks) to get things (like refillable mugs) or if you forget something in the morning to have to go all the way back to the room for it. Is there anyway to get around this?
For example: could we leave a backpack with our (washed/clean) refillable mugs in it and extra meds (my son and I both have severe Asthma) with bell services each day on our way to the parks that we could pick up when we return each night??
does anyone have any other suggestions? I know that the kids will want to swim (at the big pool) so are there lockers or anything near the main lobby to stash things in without having to walk all the way back to our rooms?

Katzateer
05-27-2015, 09:47 PM
The Little Mermaid rooms are basically the same as the rooms at Pop. The walk is further than the suites for sure. We have stayed in LittlevMermaid rooms once and a Lion King suite once. I loved the suite.

I know of no lockers.

If there is any way- with 4 people - I would try to stay in the suites. AOA is a great resort. I love the theming

Pirate Granny
05-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Hummmm, I think that Pop outer rooms along with ASM can be just as far...actually I wouldn't worry, and of course you can leave a bag with bell services...just would mean a tip each day, but I know where you are coming from with those refillable mugs. We take to the park so we can get our drinks on the way back to the room, regardless where we are staying.

minnie04
05-28-2015, 02:26 PM
We stayed in the triton building that’s the one closest to the Lion King suites. The walk really isn’t that bad when you get home at night. It was full of people coming and going so it didn't seem so long. As far as leaving a bag every night I would just take a moment at night to make sure everything for the next day is packed and ready, so nothing gets left behind. I don’t think there are any lockers at the pools. One idea is if you are bringing a car you can pack a bag each night and leave it in the car and park the car close to the buses. And just swop out each night.

disneyfan328
05-28-2015, 08:05 PM
thanks for the replies! We are not driving so leaving a bag in the car is not an option. we don't drive once we park our car at the airport when we leave Pittsburgh. I was able to get ahold of a wonderful CM at the hotel who said that we may leave a backpack or carrryon size bag each day on our way to the parks that we can retreive once we get back from the parks so this is a huge relief. My biggest concern wasn't really the mugs but meds and our nebulizer that is too heavy to carry around all day at the parks. Its more of a mental safety thing for my son, if he knows that its going to be close by when we get back he probably won't need it, but the anxiety of having to walk further to get to it can sometimes trigger his attacks to be worse. We carry emergency meds on us but again this is more for his peace of mind (and mine too!).

Which of the mermaid buildings would be the best location as far as close proximity to getting back to the main building? its really hard to tell from the map.....

DANAM
06-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I believe I have the closest room # written down from our last trip but I would call Disney explain the situation and get the exact room number you would like attached to our reservation. I did this for Pop one year and get the room right there on the end closest to the food court. Giving an exact room number seems to work best.

disneyfan328
06-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Not sure how to go about getting room number? We've never stayed there before so is there a more detailed map?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-03-2015, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about a specific room number, but do make sure that you have the "close to main building" on your reservation, and I'd ask again at check-in.

As you know, the LM buildings are a fair distance away from the main one, and it will be a bit of a walk no matter what. If being close is important, there are no LM rooms that will get you "close" ... just "closer".