PDA

View Full Version : Swimming at POR

batphobic
05-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Has anyone been to POR recently and can say difinitively that room access is being checked at the pools? I'll be at WDW in a week. Meeting my brother and his family down there. He's staying at POR, I'm staying at All Star Sports. We want to do a pool day and naturally we prefer the POR pool but not sure whether my family will be refused access.

faline
05-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Disney rules are that you are only allowed to swim at the pool where you are staying. Your brother's family could check with the desk to see if you would be allowed to swim along with him. Other than that, only vacation club owners are allowed to pool hop and there are restrictions to that as well.

batphobic
05-27-2015, 09:13 AM
I understand that. That's why I'm asking. I know from experience that deluxe resort pools are staffed with people checking resort keys (or magic bands). I know from experience that doesn't happen at value resorts (even tho they have the same policy). What I don't know is if it happens at moderate pools.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-27-2015, 10:01 AM
I would be worried to risk it. The policy is that only guests of the specific resort can swim at the pools, and they may decide to check at any time.

I don't think pool checks are a daily thing at the moderate resorts, at least not as formally as some of the deluxe resorts but I have heard of them taking place, especially during busy times.

John
05-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Honestly, I would check with the front desk at POR and go the proper route. With a relative staying there, my guess is they would clear it and you'll have the peace of mind of not having to sneak around 😉

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Just commenting on whether resorts guest check or not. We've stayed at POR in 2010-12-15 with kids. I think my wife and I stayed there at least once prior in 2008. We've also done one stay at CBR and POFQ. In none of my stays have I ever been required to show proof of my resort as I entered the pool area. POR Old Man Island pool area is accessible from several directions and is not fenced and essentially totally open. I have no idea of how they'd even have a process for checking.

Not trying to circumvent the rules, just stating that in our experience in 5 or 6 stays at the moderate level, we've never experienced any of the resorts requiring proof of resort stay at the pool areas.

#1donaldfan
05-27-2015, 02:15 PM
I've been to all the pools at Riverside and the FQ and not once had to show "proof of residency". I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but to answer your question honestly, I've never seen Id's checked. The quiet pools are not even monitored full time.....on occasion a life guard will swing by on a bike to check things out. :thumbsup:

Kaps
05-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Stayed several times here and have never been asked???

javamama
06-18-2015, 12:14 AM
We've never been asked to show a thing at any resort.

mydisneygirls
06-18-2015, 06:12 PM
I seriously don't think it's that big a deal if the pool isn't packed (I totally agree with having to show ID at Beach/Yatch Club) and I'm sure you will be able to join your family. I have never seen pool police at any time, just like I've never seen parking lot police with a tow truck following.

I'm sure you will be allowed in.