PDA

View Full Version : Lucy - A Tribute

DizneyFreak2002
05-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Seems like Lucy is leaving... Project 328 permit filed today... The permit states: interior building renovations for Building 14... Building 14 is the Lucy Tribute building...

John
05-26-2015, 07:25 PM
I think this makes sense... Folks younger than me don't know Lucy. Part of the natural evolution of attractions.

I've actually never been in there...

NJGIRL
05-26-2015, 07:31 PM
This has always been a weak link IMO. The walk thru was interesting for big fans, but I think they could have made it much more interesting....maybe should have made it an interactive show...something like the old Alfred Hitchcock show....I loved that attraction BTW.

The Lucy show was on TV when I was very young and I remember my mom watching it....but so many visitors (my son for one) have no idea who Lucy is.....If it was a decent attraction that wouldn't matter...but he is totally uninterested in a walk thru of someone he doesn't know.

DizneyFreak2002
05-26-2015, 07:32 PM
I think this makes sense... Folks younger than me don't know Lucy. Part of the natural evolution of attractions.

I've actually never been in there...
I was in there once... My mom was a huge Lucy fan... Was hoping to get in there one more time, in a tribute for my mother... But that won't be happening now...

Seems like it is going to be more merchandise... And maybe a meet and greet... Only rumors though, fan talk... Nothing concrete...

NJGIRL
05-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Your post made me start to think back to what the Studio looked liked when we first started going. I think the only original attraction that is still there is ET and to some extent Disaster (Earthquake).....

So many things have changed throughout the years and I miss so many of the originals.....

But I think it shows that Universal is committed to keep the park fresh and keep up with the modern technology that is available....

They are not afraid to take chances and spend a little bit of money to keep people coming back.

DizneyFreak2002
05-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Your post made me start to think back to what the Studio looked liked when we first started going. I think the only original attraction that is still there is ET and to some extent Disaster (Earthquake).....

If rumors wind up true, Disaster isn't long for this world either... Possibly in its final year of existence...

Cinderelley
05-27-2015, 05:57 AM
What is Lucy?

cspenc28
05-27-2015, 06:25 AM
NO! I love walking through there. I love looking at everything. Now I'm going to be sad next time we go. :(

NJGIRL
05-27-2015, 09:10 AM
If rumors wind up true, Disaster isn't long for this world either... Possibly in its final year of existence...

They have threaten to close this down before and it never panned out. I think part of the problem is that the attraction holds a large number of guests and runs at a fast pace. It's something "to do", kind of like Twister. Throughout the years this attraction has been tweaked many times and this version is my favorite. I think this will stay until they can replace it with another large capacity attraction.

DizneyFreak2002
05-27-2015, 02:25 PM
What is Lucy?
Basically, it was a little walk through dedicated to I Love Lucy.. Had props, pictures... stuff a fan of the show would really find interesting...

DizneyFreak2002
05-27-2015, 02:27 PM
They have threaten to close this down before and it never panned out. I think part of the problem is that the attraction holds a large number of guests and runs at a fast pace. It's something "to do", kind of like Twister. Throughout the years this attraction has been tweaked many times and this version is my favorite. I think this will stay until they can replace it with another large capacity attraction.
Ah true but this time, they have the replacement fast tracked... One which would be really FAST and probably pretty FURIOUS...

PirateLover
05-31-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm only 29,but I'm a big Lucy fan. I grew up with it on Nick at Nite. But I've only been to Universal once, and didn't even know it was there. Ah well.

DizneyFreak2002
05-31-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm only 29,but I'm a big Lucy fan. I grew up with it on Nick at Nite. But I've only been to Universal once, and didn't even know it was there. Ah well.
It was kind of easy to miss if you weren't really looking for it...

texas211
06-06-2015, 03:20 PM
I thought it was fun, and a quick look when you duck into the store for some AC.

Too bad they couldn't do a mix w/ Hitchcock and keep some interesting things in there. If it turns into something harry potter, i'll puke.

DizneyFreak2002
06-06-2015, 07:25 PM
I thought it was fun, and a quick look when you duck into the store for some AC.

Too bad they couldn't do a mix w/ Hitchcock and keep some interesting things in there. If it turns into something harry potter, i'll puke.
It won't be Harry Potter...

DizneyFreak2002
06-08-2015, 01:30 PM
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that the Lucy walk through will become a Hello Kitty merchandise store... Hello Kitty may be a weird choice to some but it has become a very popular IP in recent years here in the United States, despite being around for a while... I can see the store making a killing, along with a very popular meet and greet (if the meet and greet is in fact part of this)...

Melanie
06-08-2015, 02:19 PM
A store and a Meet and Greet. Not a quality replacement, but not surprising.

NJGIRL
06-08-2015, 06:55 PM
A store and a Meet and Greet. Not a quality replacement, but not surprising.

I'm not too upset about this only because it was a walk thru and not a real attraction anyway. It was already attached to the Betty Boop store. I would be upset if it was a ride being replaced with a Meet and Greet. Thinking about it...it's a small area and I don't think there's enough room for a real attraction there.

Hello Kitty is very popular now...I think the Japanese store in EPCOT carries a large line of Hello Kitty stuff.

PirateLover
06-08-2015, 10:17 PM
LOL that is very funny to me, because for some inexplicable reason my husband DESPISES Hello Kitty and has placed a ban on our daughter having any Hello Kitty merch. So i guess we still will not be paying a visit to this area...;)

NJGIRL
06-08-2015, 11:22 PM
LOL that is very funny to me, because for some inexplicable reason my husband DESPISES Hello Kitty and has placed a ban on our daughter having any Hello Kitty merch. So i guess we still will not be paying a visit to this area...;)

It's all over the place...but Frozen stuff is starting to catch up.

DizneyFreak2002
06-11-2015, 03:32 PM
The Hello Kitty shops will be interactive... Announced via Universal's Twitter account...