PDA

View Full Version : Aulani

MrPeetrie
05-25-2015, 04:12 PM
My wife recently told me she's LOVE to go to Hawaii sometime. Next year is our 20th anniversary and since she's a huge disney fan, I thought I'd look into a trip to Aulani. Have any of you gone? Is it worth the money? Is this even the correct forum for this post?

If you have any advice on where I could get a nice deal on a trip there, or any recommendations regarding in which room to stay, or any other pertinent information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

faline
05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Spent a few days at Aulani a couple of years ago. We enjoyed our stay there very much. We spent most of the time at the resort (We've been to Oahu several times before this trip) enjoying the pool, lazy river, and beach. They have a snorkeling tank which contains many fish as well. On one day, we rented a cabana for the day (You'd need to book early for this as there aren't many cabanas available.) We did find that dining choices on-site are limited. Even so, we ate most of our meals at the resort and even did the character breakfast one morning.

From time to time, I have gotten e-mails offering discounts on room rates. Your best bet for getting any discounts that might come available would be to work with our friends at Magical Journeys.

There is much to do on the island. While tours are available through Disney, I'd suggest renting a car. Do not miss Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial. If you have a chance, spend some time wandering around Waikiki.

Butters
05-26-2015, 10:43 AM
I would think your best deal is to work through the timeshare store (a sponsor) and rent DVC points for your room.