PDA

View Full Version : Dining reservation question

citizensnoopy
05-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Question from a Disney World newbie --- I'm staying at the Boardwalk over the 4th of July holiday. My flight lands in Orlando at 3:00 on Wednesday, July 1, and I'll be taking the Magical Express. Is it feasible to make a dining reservation in Downtown Disney at, say, 7:00 on July 1? I'm not sure how much time to allow for transportation from the airport and to Downtown Disney. Thanks!

Pirate Granny
05-25-2015, 03:38 PM
I think that is plenty of time, but I wouldn't make it any earlier.

faline
05-25-2015, 04:00 PM
Plan on a couple of hours (though it might be quicker) from the time your plane lands until you arrive at your resort. Once you get checked into your room, plan on another hour to bus from your resort to Downtown Disney- traffic in the Downtown Disney area is also quite difficult. It should be doable as long as your flight is not delayed.

manutd1
05-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Once we got off our plane...then we got our luggage ourselves...(like to do that myself) then went across to the B area. Used magic band to get on bus. Got to hotel almost exactly 1 hour after flight landed. So I would think 2 hours at most, from the time your flights lands to resort. Magical Express is a great perk. We use it a lot and have never had to wait more than a half hour for next bus. This year, We got on as soon as we walked up...timing was perfect.

edwards2301
05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
We land same day as you citizensnoopy. We will be at YC. I would allow the two hours to get to the BW and then it does take awhile to get to downtown disney. Have fun!