PDA

View Full Version : Universal: Raptor Encounter opens at Islands of Adventure

John
05-24-2015, 11:43 AM
Universal: Raptor Encounter opens at Islands of Adventure

A new, prehistoric residents have moved into Jurassic Park at Universal's Islands of Adventure.

On Friday, the theme park introduced a life-size dinosaur at a meet-and-greet style attraction dubbed Raptor Encounter.

The intense, yellow-eyed animal, standing about 9 feet tall, growls, paces, pants and poses with visitors behind a barrier with a "Danger! 10,000 volts" sign. There are actually two of the figures, but they will appear individually throughout the day.

The site has a jungle-theme background enhanced with mechanical noise, jungle sounds and announcements, which include warnings not to touch or feed the raptors.

IOA workers, doubling up as team members of the fictional Jurassic Park attraction, tell queued up guests that they are about to encounter beings that "no one has seen in millions of years." Visitors are allowed to take videos and selfies with the creatures, who stick their heads through a gap in the fence.

The debut of Raptor Encounter is closely timed with the premiere of "Jurassic World," the latest in the film franchise, which debuts June 12.

Looks cool - read more and see the video here:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-universal-raptor-encounter-islands-20150522-post.html

badkitty
05-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow! I would love to see this. I rarely get to Universal. Just like when we go to Six Flags, I have to ride everything by myself and my friend sits and waits for me. He is bored and I feel guilty. :(

NJGIRL
05-24-2015, 02:09 PM
I am usually not a fan of these kind of things but this one sounds cool. Hope I get to see it in September.

DizneyFreak2002
05-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Now that is amazing...