PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party

Kbourg1
05-21-2015, 01:16 PM
I am wondering if this is worth the ticket price.
Will this be the only place to see Santa and see snow fall?

SurferStitch
05-21-2015, 01:40 PM
DH and I feel it's worth it, but we love everything Christmas!

You can find Santa at Downtown Disney in the Marketplace area near World of Disney. It's a very nice setup (looks like a cute little hosue), and makes for some wonderful pictures.

You can find "snow" at the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights in DHS as well. In MK, I've only seen snow during MVMCP.

We're going to the 12/3 MVMCP... ordering tickets in the next few days!!

Strmchsr
05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
I don't really feel it's worth it any longer just because the price point is so high and they don't have a good limit on the number of guests any longer like they used to. The ride lines aren't long, but I can ride any time and it's too expensive to pay just to ride.

As noted above, there are other places to see Santa and the snow in DHS. But, if you've never done it, then it probably is worth doing once.

Kbourg1
05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Thank you :)

MNNHFLTX
05-21-2015, 03:38 PM
I agree that Disney does tend to oversell the party events in recent years. If you don't mind the potential for large crowds, there are a lot of fun activities at MVMCP--special food offerings, the parade and shows that you won't see at any other time. But is it worth the ticket price? Not sure that I think so anymore.

Kbourg1
05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Thank you. I have an 8 yo. and 12 yo. I would have to pay an adult ticket for my son just as I did for park tickets and meal plan. I want my family to enjoy everything but we are trying to stay on a budget so I was wondering if my kids would really miss out if I choose not to do this.

Strmchsr
05-21-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't think they would miss out unless 1.) You're huge Christmas fans and really would love seeing the Christmas parade or 2.) You're character fanatics and would really get a kick out of the special characters or outfits that are only at the party. Otherwise there's plenty of Christmas to see and do without paying the extra.

Kbourg1
05-21-2015, 04:30 PM
I really appreciate your thoughts. You are so right, there is so much to do and see.
You have all helped me to make my decision, we will not attend this time around. Thank you!!!!!