PDA

View Full Version : Chaq and Mal - time to say goodbye 5/16

Cinderelley
05-20-2015, 06:28 PM
We woke up early and spent some time saying goodbye to our paparazzi. They had all turned out to wish us well. Even the zebras were vocal about telling us goodbye, and Chaq's favorite bunny stayed near our baclony.

I finally opened up my magical express envelope to get my airline information and rolled my big suitcase down to airline check in. The castmembers were friendly and efficent. One family showed up later than the one hour limit for check in, and the staff got them check in anyway. Chaq went out to say goodbye to his smoking friends that he had made throughout the week, while I checked my carry ons with valet services. Then we made one last trek to the buses. Chaq asked me if I was going to cry. I said not yet, because I was excited about eating breakfast at Be Our Guest and riding on Big Thunder. Plus, I had a new idea for another picture.

We stepped into our kingdom once again and headed to our breakfast with the Beast. The Beast ate a lot of things for breakfast that I was unable to eat, so his chef appeared to ask me what I preferred. He was very knowledgeable and offered a lot of good suggestions. I quickly decided, and we were off to explore Beast's castle. I wanted to eat by the rose, but the only table open had 8 seats. Since there were only two of us, we decided against sitting there. We didn't want the Beast to show up in a rage. We found a seat in the ballroom. "Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the Beast" I was so busy taking pictures, I forgot to tend to my breakfast. Chaq came to my rescue and got my silverware, etc. We waltzed our way out of the castle. We saw a father waltzing with his daughter also. It was adorable.

We wandered from Fantasyland using the path that goes by Haunted Mansion and the Columbia Harbor House. I wanted to buy a shirt in the Haunted Mansion shop, so we stopped in there. The cast member was asking two little girls to pull stuff out of his hat. They searched and searched but couldn't find anything. He then pulled some stickers out of the hat for them - nothing up his sleeve. On the far side of the shop, a lady was shopping with her back to a mirror. The cast member called out "Ma'am look out behind you." She turned around to see a face staring at her from the mirror. She screamed, and we all had to giggle.

It was time for us to clock in at the railroad. We hesitantly boarded our train, hoping that the safety inspector had done his job well. He hadn't. Our train was out of control again! We went flying around twists and turns. Rocks almost tumbled on us. I was almost thrown out of the seat a few times as we went up hills and down the other side. It was another very exciting day at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I will never get tired of being there.

Chaq took a break and I went to get a return time for Pirates of the Caribbean. I stopped at the Briar Patch on the way and found an amazing Maleficent hat. It wasn't like an ear hat. It was like a real costume. Then I made my way to Tortuga. They were experiencing technical difficulties though, so I wasn't able to get a return time. The local pirate said the wait was only 5 minutes, but it is tradition for Pirates to be my last ride. The pirate told me that she would let me into the fastpass lane when I got back.

I put on my Maleficent hat and went to rejoin Chaq. His eyes got big when he saw me, and he had to take a picture. Thus, my celebirty status began. As we walked, people would see me and get out of our way. I wondered why I hadn't found the hat before. Others would comment that they loved Maleficent or take my picture as I walked by.

We went to visit the 999 Happy Haunts. While we were waiting to board our Doombuggies, there was a little girl about 4 years old ahead of us. She asked her dad to pick her up, and she was happily playing with his beard. Then she looked behind her and saw me. Her eyes got big as saucers, and she reached over and pulled her mom close. Her dad semi turned to see what was going on, and his mouth turned into a big O. When it was our turn to board our doombuggy, I learned that Maleficent does not fit into a doombuggy. I had to learn forward, so that my horns were in front of the backrest. It provided a great ab workout when we turned backwards and started our descent. Our grim grinning ghosts came out to socialize. There was only room for one more happy haunt. Chaq and I didn't want to split up, so we promised to come back. "Hurry back. Hurry back," they called to us as we departed. "Don't forget your Death Certificate."

The cry of "Heigh Ho" rang out across Fantasyland, so Chaq and I went to dig in a mine with a million diamond shiiiiinnnnnneeee! Heigh Ho. Heigh Ho. It's home from work we had to go, so we disembarked with heavy hearts and headed for the Caribbean for our last ride. As we exited the mine, a lady stopped me and said "I got a picture of my family on the mine train because of you." I was a bit puzzled, so she explained that she knew I was in the car before her family. As soon as she saw my horns, she got ready and then got a pic of her family in the train behind us. Not knowing what to say, I told her that I was glad she was able to get the shot. I'm not quite sure how celebrities deal with random people talking to them. If I was more of an extrovert, I probably would have not been so taken aback. My daughter would have been able to go along with it very well. After we walked away, Chaq said "i could have intervened and kept the fans away from you." I giggled and said it was ok. That fans needed their magic moments too.

The deckhands had changed in Tortuga. The standby line said 25 minutes, but it looked much longer than that. I had to go to Epcot for schoolbread to take back to the family. Chaq was getting picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge in an hour, so we skipped the plundering. We did wave bye to Captain Jack as we walked away.

We when went through the exit turnstyles, my monorail was at the station, and Chaq had to head to the buses. I gave him a hug and thanked him for coming. He hugged me back and thanked me for showing him the world of disney besides thrill rides. A side of Disney that he had never seen. It had been 10 or 15 years, since he had been to Disney World. He said he never would have come back without me, and now he is going to bring his mom and sister. I had talked about riding the monorail all week, but we had never gotten around to it. He looked up at the station and told me to "go get your monorail on". I ran up the ramp before I started crying too much and made it just in time to get my monorail on. ;)

I couldn't stay sad for too long though. I flew out of Orlando back to Phoenix, where I got to see my kids for the first time in 6 weeks. We had lunch with a friend from high school at Macaroni Grill. I wore my pair of mickey ears that had Mal embroidered on it to lunch. :D

Now it's time to say goodbye from all our family. M I C - Cya real soon. K E Y - Why? Because we like you. M O U S E

faline
05-20-2015, 07:54 PM
What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

VWL Mom
05-20-2015, 07:56 PM
What a wonderful trip. thank you for bringing us along. I so enjoyed your writing style, quite the knack you have.

dtootsie42
05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Terrific trip! Thanks so very much for sharing your adventures :mickey:

princessgirls
05-21-2015, 03:31 PM
I am so happy for you Cinderelley that you had such a wonderful fun trip!!!!!

You deserved it and so much more!

Julie

Christine
05-23-2015, 02:04 AM
Adorable!

MizMissy
05-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! It sounded like a wonderful trip!

I hope you return "real soon"!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 02:05 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us! They were a lot of fun to read and you are a very talented writer!

Cinderelley
05-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Thanks for reading and sharing my trip with me. :D