PDA

View Full Version : Best Dessert?!

Paiges
05-18-2015, 11:39 PM
Thinking ahead to our September trip and dessert! :chef:

I do love dessert but sugar is not my friend. I plan to have one dessert during our trip :party:and I don't want to waste it - so please tell me, what is the most scrumptious, to die for, can't miss dessert at the restaurants I have booked (all dinners except where noted)?

Boma
'Ohana
Biergarten
50's Prime Time Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
California Grill
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Tusker House (lunch)

Thank you!!

Katzateer
05-19-2015, 08:43 AM
BoG - get the Gray Stuff - it IS delicious

California Grill- the desserts are fabulous here! You can't go wrong but I always go for the chocolate

If you get a chance go to Kona's for dessert - we have been as a family and ordered 5 different desserts so we can sample many choices. The Kona cone is fun!

If you don't want an entire dessert, just take a bite from O'Hana's and Boma's - the desserts are included with your meal. I am not a fan of bread pudding but most people love it. The Zebra Domes are just a couple bites and very good.

If any of your dining choices have key lime tarts I woud try one. Used to get them at 1900 Park Fare but sometimes other locations will have them on dessert bars ( Cape May?)

Have a great time!:thumbsup:

Maddie
05-21-2015, 02:21 PM
The Zebra Domes at Boma are delicious!! Great for chocolate lovers.

pox24
05-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Narcoosee's... Almond Encrusted Cheesecake:thumbsup:

Pooh Fan
05-21-2015, 03:41 PM
I can't think of the name of the restaurant right now. It's at Poly - not Ohana but ________. They have an amazing crème brule (sp?) with a bit of chocolate at the bottom.

MrPeetrie
05-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Narcoosee's... Almond Encrusted Cheesecake:thumbsup:

Boy! That sounds delicious.

minnie-mouse
05-26-2015, 01:45 PM
We love the OHana bread pudding dessert, and not usually a fan of bread pudding, but this with the ice cream is amazing. Also, if you want a place to go for an afternoon fun dessert, try Beaches and Cream in the Beach Club resort. They have some amazing ice cream sundaes there, our fave being the No Way Jose --chocolate, peanut butter, ice cream, it is fantastic!

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2015, 01:26 PM
This answer is very easy for our crew - the bread pudding at 'OHana is just ridiculously good. A treat every time!

SBETigg
05-29-2015, 03:38 PM
The 'Ohana bread pudding (with ice cream and the sauce) is delicious-- but this means saving room, and it's hard to do that with all the food coming at you at 'Ohana. It is one of the best desserts in WDW for me.

The Valrhona chocolate cake at California Grill has never let me down... but now it's called a chocolate pudding cake. They used to change it up and serve it with different gelatos depending on season. I'm not sure how it's presented now, but still sounds good if you're a chocolate lover.

Desserts at Biergarten and Boma (and maybe Tusker House) are buffet desserts, so plenty of variety out for sampling but not necessarily up to the quality of an individual dessert. The zebra domes people tend to rave about were just meh for me, mousse-like center over a small amount of cake covered in white chocolate with milk chocolate striping. Very small, so you could have that and sample other things, or it might be just enough to satisfy without needing more. Biergarten's black forest cake is one I like, but not sure I would choose it over other things.

My favorite dessert in WDW is the previously mentioned almond-covered cheesecake at Narcoosees, with cherries. But you asked specifically about the places you plan to go, so I was trying to be helpful considering those venues. I hope you choose the one that truly satisfies you!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-29-2015, 11:55 PM
The best desserts from your list of restaurants are at 50s Prime Time- IMHO! They have amazing sundaes that look like they are from an old soda fountain. They also have a great brownie sundae with caramel corn. But we're always too full to eat those. So the last few trips we have stuck to the regular sundaes- they are to die for!

Every restaurant has a sugar free option, and some of them have cheese plates or fruit as an alternative- so you won't be completely left out of the fun!

Have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

Paiges
06-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Thank you for all the ideas! It will be difficult to choose, everything sounds delicious!:mickey: I may have to do a few 'one bite' exceptions...:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
06-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Thinking ahead to our September trip and dessert! :chef:

I do love dessert but sugar is not my friend. I plan to have one dessert during our trip :party:and I don't want to waste it - so please tell me, what is the most scrumptious, to die for, can't miss dessert at the restaurants I have booked (all dinners except where noted)?

Boma
'Ohana
Biergarten
50's Prime Time Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
California Grill
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Tusker House (lunch)

Thank you!!

Ohana bread pudding is really awesome, but if I ever go again I'll have to skip it since I literally left there and went into a food coma lol We went to DTD afterwards and took the boat from POR, I literally passed out from food exhaustion to and from DTD lol.

50's Prime Time has awesome desserts - from their milkshakes to the smores to the Dads famous brownie sundae! YUM!

Be Our Guest - The strawberry cream cheese cupcake is amazing!

DANAM
06-04-2015, 11:56 PM
I can't think of the name of the restaurant right now. It's at Poly - not Ohana but ________. They have an amazing crème brule (sp?) with a bit of chocolate at the bottom.

Kona Cafe?

From your list I would say Ohana the bread pudding is to die for and included with the meal.

As far as best dessert Beaches and Creme definitely wins my vote. So many options, everyone can find something. Or order a kitchen sink for everyone to share. The place is tiny make ADR

AvonleaCF
06-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I go to Biergarten every trip and am addicted to their Bavarian cheesecake. It's by no means fancy, but it's so super creamy.

Or, instead of dessert at one of your reservations, I'd suggest getting something at the France bakery. You can't go wrong there. :)

Cinderelley
06-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Try the grey stuff. It's delicious.

AndrewJackson
06-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee at Kona Cafe.

Cinderelley
06-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee at Kona Cafe.

I will have to try this. It sounds yummy.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
06-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Ohana bread pudding for sure! Previous posters are right that you get pretty full from the meal, making it difficult to eat the bread pudding. But I've never cared -- I just gorge myself at that restaurant (and don't plan to go on any thrill rides afterwards!). If I'm full from the meal, so be eat -- I eat the bread pudding anyway, and I eat a lot of it. It is too good to pass up, full or not. And one bite just won't do it. So that's my two cents on bad eating habits! (Incidentally, my family decided to go gluten free by choice nearly a year ago, so, unfortunately, no more of Ohana's bread pudding for me. Which is why I'd really like you to make this your dessert..........so I can hear about it and live vicariously through you!)

Another thought for a "dessert" that I wouldn't count as a dessert is to get a peanut butter and jelly milkshake with your dinner at 50's Prime Time. If you get it with your meal, then I'd argue that it doesn't count as a dessert -- it's a beverage with your meal! My entire family loves these -- they are delicious! We even stop in and get them to go during the day sometimes.

FairyGodmother
06-08-2015, 09:08 AM
The triple chocolate cupcake :chef: at the Be Our Guest castle is the best dessert in WDW. :mickey:

KarenP
06-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Mt favorite dessert ever was the creme brulee at California Grill.