PDA

View Full Version : 3 Favorites!

Scallywag
05-16-2015, 08:37 AM
If you had to choose your favorite resort, attraction and TS dinner option - what would it be?

For me...

Poly - Never actually stayed here, but I have always wanted to.

Haunted Mansion - Could ride this over and over.

O'Hana - Always been a must do for us.

Sylvia
05-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Resort - Caribbean Beach Resort - Our first onsite stay was at CBR in 1989, followed by many onsite stays ever since. We've stayed at several resorts over the years, but CBR takes the prize with over 12 stays. It's our Disney home away from home.

TS - 50s Prime Time - Our first dinner here was in 1989. We enjoyed it so much this TS has been a must-do on every trip.

Attraction - tie :blush: - WEDway PeopleMover and Peter Pan's Flight - At the top of the favorites list for more than 35 years. These attractions are musts for multiple times on each trip.

MNNHFLTX
05-16-2015, 10:16 AM
The Polynesian for me too.

The Rose and Crown, I guess, although Tokyo Dining is right up there too.

This one is tough. I would have to say Expedition Everest is a must for me, although there are other attractions that are more nostalgic favorites.

chefmickey3
05-16-2015, 10:57 AM
1. Bay Lake Tower - such wonderful memories and a walk to the MK
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Cape May Café - love the location - wonderful walk after dinner!

deedee73
05-16-2015, 10:59 AM
1. The Polynesian for sure. Always has been my favorite. Hopefully that will remain after all the construction & changes.

2. This is such a toss up - 'Ohana & Narcoosses are always must do's. Since you specifically said TS & not just an ADR, I didn't include the Hoop Dee Doo - we love love love the show & never miss a chance to see it.

3. Wow another hard one. I would have to say Winnie the Pooh (actually missed our flight due to one last ride on this one trip). Splash Mountain is another must do multiple times for us too.

Surprised you didn't have a 4th question - favorite snack that you can't leave without - mickey bars & dole whips. We eat so many of each you would think we would turn into one by now.

Great questions...glad to read everyone's favorites.

taleasoldastime
05-16-2015, 12:00 PM
oooo this is fun! hmmmm

wilderness lodge- stayed here only once and never wanted to leave. love artist point and the ambiance of this resort. Im looking forward to the day that I can fit it in my budget again!

ohana- I can not go to disney without getting ohanas! their bread pudding is my favorite dessert in the whole world!

pirates of the caribbean- for the nostalgic factor. I love this ride! this is one ride that if it were to be closed while I was booked for a vacation, I would consider pushing the vacation back. I cant imagine a trip without PotC!

nja33
05-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Resort- POFQ: I've stayed at a lot of different resorts, only repeating once or twice but POFQ is just so small and quaint and adorable.

TS- Yachtsman Steakhouse: Probably the best mashed potatoes I've ever had.

Ride- BTMR: I could just ride this over and over and over again.

snowflakegirl
05-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Hm.

Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Love it.

TS Restaurant: Boma

Ride: This one is tough. Peter Pan's Flight. Or BTMR.

WiltonJohn
05-16-2015, 03:45 PM
#1.) Of the places we've already stayed....... The Contemporary. But the Animal Kingdom Lodge is likely going to bump that off of the #1 list this summer.

#2) Boma ...followed closely by Tokyo Dining.

#3.) Hum....... very difficult one to answer. Might be "Star Tours". But (believe it or not) "Small World" might fit in there simply because you cannot help but be smiling and humming when you get in there for 30 seconds. It just makes you 'happy'. BUT .... you also can't shake the darn tune for MONTHS after being at Disney.

best,

...............john

Scallywag
05-16-2015, 04:31 PM
1. The Polynesian for sure. Always has been my favorite. Hopefully that will remain after all the construction & changes.

2. This is such a toss up - 'Ohana & Narcoosses are always must do's. Since you specifically said TS & not just an ADR, I didn't include the Hoop Dee Doo - we love love love the show & never miss a chance to see it.

3. Wow another hard one. I would have to say Winnie the Pooh (actually missed our flight due to one last ride on this one trip). Splash Mountain is another must do multiple times for us too.

Surprised you didn't have a 4th question - favorite snack that you can't leave without - mickey bars & dole whips. We eat so many of each you would think we would turn into one by now.

Great questions...glad to read everyone's favorites.

Good point on the snacks. I love a good old fashioned root beer float ( or the Carrot Cake cookie from the Writers Stop ) the bomb!

MrPeetrie
05-17-2015, 10:17 AM
oooo this is fun! hmmmm

This IS fun!!!!! Great post, Scallywag.

My resort would be Boardwalk. I love the proximity to everything.

My TS would be Hoop Dee Doo Review ( if that counts.) if not, then 50s Primetime Cafe.

My attraction would be Haunted Mansion.

TikiLounger
05-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Resort: The Poly
TS: Ohana
Attraction: Expedition Everest

hauntedmansiongirl
05-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Very fun!

Resort would be Coronado Springs. We love the theming and landscaping, as well as that it seems quieter noise wise. But Port Orleans Riverside would be a very close second! Yehaa Bob is one of the best entertainers we've ever seen!

Ride is the Haunted Mansion! I am the HM Girl!!!

Table service restaurant is 50s Prime Time. Their fried chicken, chocolate malts and sundaes are the best!! I can't wait to go back!

:mickey:

DNS
05-17-2015, 01:26 PM
The Polynesian

Pirates

50's Prime Time

AndrewJackson
05-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Fort Wilderness - grew up taking annual vacations there - it's like a second home.

Trails End Buffet - don't do much TS dining, but see above.

Pirates - family tradition was to always ride this ride first.

Daisy'sMom
05-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Yacht Club

50s Prime Time

Wedway People Mover

Cinderelley
05-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Resort - Port Orleans Riverside. I thought it was Pop Century for a long time, but I just had to go visit Port Orleans during my trip last week.

Attraction - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Dinner - Hmmm, I can't really pinpoint a favorite TS dinner. My favorite TS would be breakfast at Crystal Palace. My favorite dinner would be burgers at Pecos Bills.

Maddie
05-18-2015, 08:19 AM
I will go with all things I've done and all resorts I have stayed at. I have never stayed at a deluxe only mods and values.

1. Resort: Port Orleans Riverside

2. Attraction: Expedition Everest

3. Dining: Boma

Priority Four
05-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Beach Club

Soarin

50's Prime Time

goofy-4-disney
05-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Resort--Yacht Club, but it was really hard to narrow it down to one.

TS Dinner-- Flying Fish

Attraction--Splash Mountain

tjstrike
05-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Resort - Bay lake tower

TS - Ohana

Ride - Rockin roller coaster

Snow's Mom
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Resort: Yacht Club---Stormalong Bay!

TS: Le Cellier----We ate there once on the "old" Dining Plan---steaks, breadsticks...it was all wonderful.

Ride: Kali River Rapids----We usually go in the summer time, so don't mind getting wet. Last time, our family filled a boat all by ourselves, and we had a great time!

#1donaldfan
05-19-2015, 02:17 PM
AKL
Trails End
Jungle Cruise (after dark)
CS == Flame Tree

conan617
05-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma
Haunted Mansion

Why is it so hard to pick one? :mickey:

IMADisneyFreak
05-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Fort Wilderness - grew up taking annual vacations there - it's like a second home.

Trails End Buffet - don't do much TS dining, but see above.

Pirates - family tradition was to always ride this ride first.

I agree, there is nothing that compares to the Fort Wilderness experience that I had growing up.

Haunted Mansion - nothing else comes close!

And for a TS, the Hoop Dee Doo ...

Great question!

SurferStitch
05-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Resort - Yacht Club (used to be Grand Flo, but with the addition of DVC, it's just gotten too insane over there anymore)

TS - Victoria and Albert's (we don't dine here every trip... Narcoossee's is a must-do every trip, but V&A is still my favorite).

Attraction - Haunted Mansion (a classic I never get tired of)

ANG
05-20-2015, 05:40 PM
WL, Haunted Mansion, and Chef Mickey's

NJGIRL
05-21-2015, 09:36 AM
If you had to choose your favorite resort, attraction and TS dinner option - what would it be?

Wilderness Lodge...this is what got us started on our tour of the real National Parks in our country.
POC
Teppan Edo

The Carrot Cake Cookie is my all time favorite

But if I answer this tomorrow my answers might change......Too many fun places to pick from!

cknorr28
05-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Wilderness Lodge. Only deluxe we have stayed at. But would love to try the Grand Floridian or Animal Kingdom.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Toss up between Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Love the post! :thumbsup:

Resort would have to be Port Orleans French Quarter

TS is tougher - but I think I'll go with 50s Diner

Attraction is even tougher. Would be Thunder Mountain Railroad, I think.

:D :D

why4k
05-22-2015, 01:49 AM
Yacht Club

Splash Mountain

Via Napoli

masonlovesdisney
05-22-2015, 02:37 AM
easy one.

Resort- All Star Sports....i stayed there SO much as a kid, that i can still stay there now and be happy

TS: Le Cellier....best steak you can get.

Ride: Spaceship Earth

Melanie
05-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Resort: Yacht Club

TS: Via Napoli

Attraction: Soarin'

LovinWDW
05-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Beach Club Villas
Splash Mt
Flying Fish!

Kaps
05-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Hotel: Poly

Ride: Soarin or splash Mountain

Restaurant: Yachtsman Steakhouse (Unbelievable steaks cant wait to eat here again)

VacationDisney
06-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Attraction - Pirates of the Caribbean
Restaurant - Jiko

Lindsey
06-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Well....if I HAVE to pick only one in each category...then.....

Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge :paw:

Restaurant: Boma (Next would be Tusker House) :eat:

Attraction: The TTA (Wedway People Mover) :hi: