PDA

View Full Version : Chaq and Mal - 5/13 Best laid plans

Cinderelley
05-14-2015, 06:51 AM
I didn't make any plans today as far as going to a park. The real world had to intrude, but in a good way. I made an appointment to get my fingerprinting done for my Florida nursing license. Soon, I will be able to take a travel contract to Florida. :) The rest of the day was up to Chaq with dinner reservations at Boma.

We slept in, much to the dismay of our paparazzi who were already eating their breakfast when we emerged onto the balcony. Well, Chaq emerged. I kinda stumbled around in a sleepy haze for a while. We decided to have breakfast at Mara and try the African platter again. It was very tasty. I made my Pap like I used to make grits. It was yummy. I need to find some back home. :)

Chaq was still pretty tired, so he went back to sleep. I was a good Mouseketeer and went shopping. I walked through one door and travelled in time to Christmas. I found an absolutely beautiful ornament that I had personalized for my impending granddaughter's first Christmas - Lillian Ember. I heroically leaped into the Superhero store where I shipped Jen's requested tshirt back to the ER. I love shipping things home. :).
Stitch spit on me while I entered the World of Disney. I picked up some more postcards and bought a picture frame to hang a picture of me and Chaq on the wall when I am back home. :). I managed to sneak by Stitch on my way to Basin. There were so many choices in there, that I couldn't make up my mind. I headed into Arribas Bros and found my dream castle. It was only $37,5000. My last stop was to buy a peanut butter chocolate cookie from Goofy before I headed to the bus stop. It was mass pandemonium there. The sign said AKL was 4A. The bus pulling away from there as I arrived said Coronado Springs. Hmmm.
There was a bus traffic jam on the 4B side, and one of them said AKL. They had the route to it blocked off. Being the good doobie, I stood in the 4A line. I mean, surely Disney wouldn't mislead us. The next bus to pull up there was Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary. Curiouser and curiouser.
Eventually, the mass of buses got untangled and the AKL bus opened its doors on the other side of the bus stop. I managed to get on just in time. Phew!
I grabbed my purse and hopped a taxi ride to the fingerprinting place. Tbh, that was the first time I have ever been off of Disney property other than the trips to and from the airport. It felt kinda weird.
A $100 taxi ride later, Chaq told me that he wanted to go back to Epcot. We called and switched our dining reservation to an earlier time - 5:15 to be exact. I decided to wear a Cinderella dress I had bought from Hot Topic. Chaq dutifully laced me up, helped me pick out some new Mickey shoes to match and told me I looked fabulous.
We were seated quickly and the food was yummy. Between the tight laced up dress and the full tummy, I felt like Miss Swan saying "I can't breathe." I went back into the room and switched into something more comfortable.

We were soon diving under the sea to find Nemo. We also found a manatee. Once we were back on land, we journeyed into our imagination where stinky skunks live. imagination. Imagination. A dream can be a dream come true with just a spark from me and you . . .

We meandered around looking at all the plants. Chaq knew most of them by name. I only knew that they were pretty. Our world travels began in Canada. We stopped for an alcoholic slush with a really long name in France. It was delicious. I don't normally drink, so I was very, very relaxed. Since it was "hump day", Chaq's mom had said she wanted a picture of a camel. We found a camel in Morocco. I told him to stand by the camel for a pic to send to his mom. I took the pic and asked him how it looked. He said "great, except you managed to miss the camel completely. I found that hilarious and laughed for an eternity. I doubt if Chaq let's me have a slushie in France ever again.
We continued around the world and finally hit Norway again. Schoolbread!!!! I got one to take back to the hotel and managed to not devour it right away.
I got an email saying that the cars in Test Track had all run out of gas, so we got a free fast pass. I am not sure how that will work since our fast pass time was at the end of the night. I stopped in Starbucks to get the coffee mug for my ER doc. I got a onsie in Mousegears with the seagulls saying "Mine Mine Mine". It matches a tshirt I have. I think I am starting to get used to the idea of being a grandma.

Since we didn't stay for Illuminations, the line for the bus was short. We were quickly back at the hotel. Oh, I forgot to mention that we built a fort out of the bunk bed this afternoon. I sat in the fort and ate half of my school bread. Just because I am going to be a grandma doesn't mean I have to act like one.

faline
05-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Looks like you've making all sorts of shopping finds. You must really like that school bread!!

deedee73
05-14-2015, 12:42 PM
I am so glad you are having a good time and that you made that fort. Really hope we get to see some pics of this. You starting to get ready for that little angel is totally normal. Seems like the spoiling grandmother in you has emerged. Embrace it all...it goes by so quickly. And she will love the young at heart you bc you will be the one who readily jumps on the floor to play.

Cinderelley
05-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Looks like you've making all sorts of shopping finds. You must really like that school bread!!

I LOVE schoolbread. :D I binge shop. I'll wander through the parks looking at things we walk by. Then one day, I sweep through and buy everything that I still really want.

princessgirls
05-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Another fabulous day!!!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 01:11 AM
Did you take any pics of your Cinderella dress? It sounds awesome!