PDA

View Full Version : April Trip

NJGIRL
05-13-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm doing a quick review of our Easter Week Trip.

Pros:
Teppan Edo....We had a great meal and a fun chef.

The Plaza Restaurant....Food and Service was very good

Columbia Harbor House....The Lighthouuse Sandwich

Rose & Crown.....Another great meal and our Server was great

Disney popcorn is the best..I had it everyday

All attractions were running

We avoided Food & Wine this year and did not have to deal with drunk guests

Cons:
It was too crowded. I knew it would be busy but our wait times were crazy.

The opening of EPCOT...the lines were so unorganized, people were cutting and the lines were so slow with a lot of people having trouble using their magic bands. There is no reason that organized lines can't be set up by Disney.

Yak & Yeti..... the chef came out when I ask the waiter a question about the food and he was very rude and unwilling to offer me much off of the menu.

Another Rude Cast Member at Dinosaur. I ask him a question and he was very short with me. As I was walking away from him another guest approached him and ask something and he was down right rude to her.

POC...Cast members were telling people that POC was "down" and if you had a fast pass you had to pick another attraction...Two problems not much was left as far as fast passes plus the ride was only down for five mins when they were telling people that they had to find something else. 5 mins later it was back up after they told people to leave. BTW cast members were not being very nice either.

Fast past +...dislike it for having to plan 60 days in advance...dislike it for being told if I get one for this attraction I can't get one for that attraction...dislike it because after my three for the day were done I couldn't get anymore for the day because they were gone.

Rainforest Café....Terrible Service and food was not that great. I have always been a fan before this visit

Too many people cutting in line.. I have no problem with a parent and child "catching up" with their family or even a single adult. I know there are emergencies, especially with the long wait times, where people need to get out of line and get back in, BUT when I see five or six people bypass the line to get to the rest of their party I consider that cutting. Others that have waited in line get annoyed and Disney needs to put an end to it.

In the lines....too many people looking at their phone and not paying attention to when the line is moving. I really don't care what people do while in line as long as everyone keeps the line moving.

We did have a good time but it was not stress free.

faline
05-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks for posting Rita. Trips to Disney do require lots of planning these days and even that doesn't assure a nice, relaxed vacation - unfortunately.

missymouseworld
05-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Too many people cutting in line.. I have no problem with a parent and child "catching up" with their family or even a single adult. I know there are emergencies, especially with the long wait times, where people need to get out of line and get back in, BUT when I see five or six people bypass the line to get to the rest of their party I consider that cutting. Others that have waited in line get annoyed and Disney needs to put an end to it.

In the lines....too many people looking at their phone and not paying attention to when the line is moving. I really don't care what people do while in line as long as everyone keeps the line moving.

We did have a good time but it was not stress free.

We were there the same time this year and I agree with above......

Also, the people with the phones and texting while walking and not paying attention to what they are doing.....UGH

NJGIRL
05-15-2015, 09:54 AM
We were there the same time this year and I agree with above......

Also, the people with the phones and texting while walking and not paying attention to what they are doing.....UGH

Michelle I don't think I will do Disney again that week, but we did Universal that week last year and it was wonderful. We stayed on site and had the express pass so lines were not a problem.

missymouseworld
05-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Michelle I don't think I will do Disney again that week....

We keep saying the same thing, but wind up going eventually. The trip before this Spring Break/Easter trip we split the stay and went to Vero for a couple days and WDW ...so some of the trip was relaxing and not crowded.

A quick question...have you ever been around Christmas time? Is it comparable to Easter week? Of all the trips, we have been all seasons/months except for Christmas week....just curious how it compares. Last year we were during 4th of July, and I found Easter week much more crowded.

NJGIRL
05-15-2015, 04:34 PM
We keep saying the same thing, but wind up going eventually. The trip before this Spring Break/Easter trip we split the stay and went to Vero for a couple days and WDW ...so some of the trip was relaxing and not crowded.

A quick question...have you ever been around Christmas time? Is it comparable to Easter week? Of all the trips, we have been all seasons/months except for Christmas week....just curious how it compares. Last year we were during 4th of July, and I found Easter week much more crowded.

I have been to Disney every month except for Jan, Feb, July, and Dec.
Sorry.....But I have read that Easter is the busiest with Christmas right behind.

missymouseworld
05-16-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't think I would like December because of the weather. If I go to Florida in the winter, I want to escape the cold in NJ, and the weather is "iffy" at that time. Would like to experience all the Christmas Decorations, so maybe someday.

princessgirls
05-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Thanks for sharing Rita!!!

Crowds can really put a damper on the whole Disney experience!

Julie:mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 02:11 AM
That's rotten that the crowds were so busy! And that some Disney employees weren't very nice! The fairy forgot her pixie dust this trip!!

catasaid
05-30-2015, 10:19 AM
I've never been to Disney for Easter week...usually go the end of April - beginning of May or sometime in October. But in 2014 we went the week before Christmas and the crowds were very managable. The weather was nice...sunny & mid seventies, but I was able to use the resort pool every afternoon (just me and one 11 year old boy in the pool most days...LOL...so no crowding there). The holiday decorations were beautiful & the Osborne lights & Candlelight Processional concert were great. So I've finally has a Disney Christmas experience and I think everyone who loves Disney should do it at least once. But I'm sticking to Spring (Flower & Garden Festival) and Fall (Food & Wine Festival) for all future trips.

Checkers
06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
I've never been to Disney for Easter week...usually go the end of April - beginning of May or sometime in October. But in 2014 we went the week before Christmas and the crowds were very managable. The weather was nice...sunny & mid seventies, but I was able to use the resort pool every afternoon (just me and one 11 year old boy in the pool most days...LOL...so no crowding there). The holiday decorations were beautiful & the Osborne lights & Candlelight Processional concert were great. So I've finally has a Disney Christmas experience and I think everyone who loves Disney should do it at least once. But I'm sticking to Spring (Flower & Garden Festival) and Fall (Food & Wine Festival) for all future trips.

Two out of the past three years I have gone the week leading up to Christmas and totally agree with everything you said. Very nice experience. This year we are going the week of Thanksgiving and will get to see some of the Christmas decorations, etc. Hoping to go next Spring for the F&GF.

OP, thanks for sharing!