PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road or Boathouse

MrPeetrie
05-13-2015, 09:22 PM
We have reservations for Raglan Road for dinner on our arrival day. We've never eaten there and we are excited about starting our trip by trying this venue.

However, I've seen some YouTube videos of The Boathouse and it looks amazing. On 5/15, we can attempt to make ADRs for it. Would you attempt to change? Or would stick with Raglan Road? All opinions are welcome.

Fangorn
05-14-2015, 12:02 AM
Boathouse.

Had lunch there 2 weeks ago. Amazing food, excellent service, lovely location. Going back to WDW in August. Can't wait to try dinner then.

Raglan Road is fine, but I find it loud and the food isn't in the same league as Boathouse.

Steve

SurferStitch
05-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Boathouse

We've dined at Raglan Road several times over the years. Our first visit was fantastic. Excellent food (the scallop forest appetizer had huge sea scallops and was delicious).

The second time was very good. Not great, but very good. (Scallop forest still had full scallops, but a lot smaller).

The third time kept us from going back since (about 3 years now). Again got the scallop forest as it was my favorite, but this time they cut the scallops in half! When I questioned the server, she sniped back at me that "that's how they've always been." Well, maybe how they've always been since SHE'S been working there, but I know better.

Anyhoo... food and service seemed to steadily decline over the years, so we stopped going there.

Can't wait to try the Boathouse in December!! Looks amazing!

Hammer
05-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Definitely Boathouse. I've heard nothing but great things about it. Looking forward to trying it the first week of November!

MrPeetrie
05-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks for all the responses and advice. I tried all day to make reservations at the Boathouse (today is supposed to be first day for ADRs,) but no luck. Tried online, WDW-DINE, even calling directly.

Oh well, glass is still half full.

conan617
05-15-2015, 05:17 PM
I guess I'll be the differing opinion and say that we loved Raglan Road. The music, dancing and singing was really fun! The food was good and DS is still talking about the Dunbrody Kiss dessert. We had such a great experience that we have an ADR for September and Raglan Road is on a very small list of revisit restaurants for our next trip as we try other locations.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. I did see when I looked at the website that Boathouse is not on the dining plan if you are going that route.

NJGIRL
05-26-2015, 08:17 PM
It sounds like you are leaning toward the Boathouse (which I have not tried yet), but I wanted to mention that we have been to RR twice and had very good meals both times. I am a small eater so I did not notice smaller portions but did notice how fresh my meal was.

We really enjoy the entertainment and it's a lot of fun, but it is extremely loud and not a place to go if you are looking for a quite meal.

MrPeetrie
05-27-2015, 10:01 PM
I tried twice a day every day since May 15th to get ADRs for The BOATHOUSE. No luck. Tonight (5/27) at 10:00 p.m., I found one for 9:00 p.m. Canceled Raglan Road and booked BOATHOUSE. I hope it's good!

MNNHFLTX
05-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Hope you have a great meal! I've always been partial to Raglan Road, but the Boathouse does sound interesting.

Yo Mickey!
05-31-2015, 12:30 PM
use open table for boathouse. i am looking for 2 weeks out and there are a lot of openings. pretty easy to use.