PDA

View Full Version : Reno at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Davy Crockett
05-13-2015, 10:34 AM
I had heard that there were renovations being done to Whispering Canyon Café. I cannot find any mention of this being in progress. Has this been completed or has this not started? Just wondering for planning our next trip.
All information is greatly appreciated!

KylesMom
05-13-2015, 02:56 PM
This is the only thing I have been able to locate in the News & Rumors forum:

Red Light, Green Light

3/28/15 Flying low on the Guest report radar is an experience change at a popular resort dining location. Whispering Canyon Café quietly introduced participation cards in Late 2014. The popular dining location at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is equally known for good grub and Guest interaction. The new participation cards allow Guests to easily communicate to Cast if they wish to participate or not. The green side reads "Jump in and play" and the red side reads "Watch from the fence".

VWL Mom
05-13-2015, 04:25 PM
It was supposed to be taken down May 15th through mid June but that seems to have disappeared. We have ADRs there the last week in May and haven't heard anything.

Davy Crockett
05-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Thanks VWL Mom, I knew I wasn't totally crazy and had heard this.
I'm glad it's not going to impede your upcoming trip!
Maybe whatever they are going to do will be completed later this year.
The Grandparents (my parents) have asked to come with us on our next adventure and I wanted to expose them to ALL that the WL has to offer as well as DW. I don't think my Mom has been to Disney since the 80's when we were kids. Actually excited about planning next years vacation.