PDA

View Full Version : Chaq and Mal - 5/12 Epcot

Cinderelley
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
I woke up before Chaq this morning which was a minor miracle. I have worked night shift for so many years, I thought the sun was a myth until I got here. I decided to take a bubble bath. It is one of the things I miss about being a travel nurse. Most places I stay at only have showers. After about an hour, it dawned on me that we were going to Epcot, which meant SCHOOLBREAD!!! I quickly got out of the bath and dressed. Chaq wasn't in the room when I got out, so I went out on the balcony to survey out private African savannah. Since we were going to travel the world today, Africa seemed like a good place to start. The feeding area is just outside our room, so all the animals peacefully gather there every morning. It is amazing how well they behave for the cast members. Only the animal group that is supposed to go in each area walks in there. My dogs would wildly run from place to place tasting everyone's food. WDW should have their own dog obedience training. People would come from all over there world. Oh wait, people already come from all over the world.
We decided to have breakfast here in Africa. I hate eggs, sausage, pap and chakalaka. Primarily because I thought chakalaka was a funny word. Chaq and I continued to use it throughout the day. The chakalaka was a tasty little hot sauce type of food. The pap reminded me of a thick cream of wheat. Due to my digestive issues, I only are a bite or two of it. I wasn't sure what was in it. We looked it up later and found out that it is corn based. I plan on eating more of it today. :).
The transportation cast member made the wait for the bus very enjoyable and soon we were rolling, rolling, rolling.
Our first worldwide appearance was to get our picture taken in front of the ball/topiaries. The photo pass photographer told me to kiss my "dad" on the cheek. It was pretty hilarious, since I am actually the older one of the two. I ran around calling Chaq "daddy" the rest of the day. Yesterday, he was "honey", because he carried my debit card around ( my magic band charging privileges weren't working). Any time I had to buy something and asked him for the card, I pretended to be his wife.
Our flight time was quickly approaching, so we headed to The Land. Soaring over California brought many amazing sights and smells into our world. After landing, we hopped on a boat and learned how to live with this great land of ours. Even though we respect the earth, outer space was calling us. Chaq navigated our way to Mars, and my mad piloting skills got us through some asteroids.
Chaq was hungry, so we ate a mouse shaped pretzel before heading to our appointment with the big cheese himself. We even managed to wipe away all the Salt crumbs, so that the evidence didn't show up in the pictures.
We got pics with Mickey, Goofy and Minnie. Chaq admitted later that he hadn't been excited about meeting the characters, but he wound up having a great time with them.
Around the corner was Club Cool. I was a bit evil in there. By some weird twist of nature, I have a recessive gene that makes it impossible for me to taste bitter. I actually think the Beverly tastes pretty good. I told Chaq that it was very tasty. I wish I would have gotten a picture of his face when he tried it. Lol.
Chaq was hungry again and wanted an egg roll. World Showcase had just opened, so we headed in that direction. Chaq asked if I was ready to trace the world. I told him that I had penciled it into my schedule for that day. ;) Of course, he had to drag me past Norway kicking and screaming - well, at least grumbling that I had to eat real food before dessert.
We dined with 9 dragons for lunch. They didn't talk much, but the were some pretty good chefs. I had the appetizer sampler (had to leave plenty of room for dessert). Chaq had beef something or other. We browsed through the shop after we were done, and then it was time! Chaq said he was tired, so we were going to pass by Norway again on the way out. :) :) :). I went and got two school reads while he smoked. The plan was to taking them back to the hotel, but I couldn't wait. I sat on the bench in the smoking area and are mine. A duck came along, and I shared some of the bread with him. Chaq said it was good karma that I have up part of what I wanted so badly.
After our afternoon nap, the wheels in the bus went round and round again. After arriving back at Epcot, we journeyed through time to learn about our spaceship earth. Then we jet setted to the United Kingdom for dinner. We checked in about 20 mins early and I requested an outdoor seat. We barely had time to take pictures of the topiaries across the street before the pager buzzed. It was ra aiming, so they weren't seating anyone by the water. We did get a nice table at the back of the building with a view of the lagoon. Our server was named Ella and she was a doll.
Dinner was pretty good, but our view of Illuminations was going to be a tad but strained, not to mention the spider above my head. :/.
We were saved by a kindly waitress who came and asked if we would like better seats. I would have swam across the lake to get away from the spider and Chaq has never seen Illuminations. I think I said yes before she finished the question. She took us to a table for two right along the water.
Chaq isn't a very verbally expressive type of person. When things go wrong, the most you may here from him is a calm "oh my". When he said "that was amazing", I knew our evening plans were a success and headed back to the resort with a smile in my face. :)

deedee73
05-13-2015, 01:26 PM
I am so glad you are having a great trip. I love reading your TR. Your writing is so descriptive & fun. Just love it. Thanks for including all of us.

Donald
05-13-2015, 10:31 PM
I am enjoying your trip reports also. You have a great way of explaining your adventure!:number1:

Cinderelley
05-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Thank you. I am so glad you are enjoying it. :)

faline
05-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Terrific Epcot day - glad you got your school bread!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 01:03 AM
I've never had school bread! Definitely going to have to try it next trip!