PDA

View Full Version : Chaq and Mal - 5/11

Cinderelley
05-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Today was our day to be Hollywood Stars.

The morning started with Chaq calling me out to see the paparazzi waiting for us. Actually, it was the animals off of our balcony waiting to be fed. There were giraffes, zebras , Thomson gazelles, Ankole cattle, some birds and a rabbit. I took some pictures on my phone and texted them back home to my friends. Woody and Buzz were waiting for us though, so I went in and got ready. While I showered, Chaq went to Mara and discovered the refillable mugs. Their supply of coffee has been endangered since then.
The bus ride was uneventful, and soon we were breaking plates, popping balloons and living it up with the toy story crew. I best Chaq, so he called for a redo. We got a return time, and headed for our next fast pass plus encounter on Tattione. We entered the pod races while we were running from Darth Vader and managed to squeeze out a victory. After safely delivering the rebel spy, we went to visit the Muppets. Constantine tried to scare us by talking about taking Keyr mit's place, but we made it safely into the auditorium where the penguins played and Miss Piggy sang. Once the lab fire department had everything under control, we went headed to head on the Midway again. I had a repeat victory.

We decided to grab a return time for the Great Movie Ride on the way out. I also stopped to get some water, but the charging privileges on my Magic Band quit working. Guest relations got us a return time, but they said the hotel staff would have to fix my band. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep once we were back in the room. My plan was to wake up at 2:30 to get ready for our Fantasmic Dinner Package reservation at 4:20.

I didn't wake up until 3:30 and some prodding from Chaq. I quickly got ready, grabbed a cab and we rushed to dinner, only to find out that they were running 30 mins behind. Dinner was ok. I had the mozzarella and tomato appetizer, usually known as caprese, and a salad. Chaq had calamari and a steak. I finished off my meal with the chocolate and cherry tart. After dinner, we joined our fellow stars of the stage in the Great Movie Ride. We battled gangsters, escaped aliens, helped Indy and chased off the Wicked Witch. Then we did some shopping until it was time to go to Fantasmic. They changed the entrance from where I remembered it, so we had to go find it.

I was very disappointed in the show. The seating area for the dinner package was changed. We were between two water projectors, so the image was blurry. There was a giant pile in Chaq's view, so he couldn't see Maleficent get taller. The dragon did work. I caught myself thinking "at least the dragon worked", and then I realized that was a ****** way to think. People pay a lot of money to get in the parks and we had paid for the dinner package on top of that. It seemed a bit ridiculous to settle for "at least the dragon worked ". Apparently I wasn't the only one to feel that way, because we heard quite a few grumbles around us.

We headed back to the room and I tried to get Chaq to try some zebra domes. He wouldn't though. :(. I fell asleep thinking about turning the bunk bed I am sleeping in, into a fort. I am sure Mousekeeping would love me for it.

Donald
05-12-2015, 05:36 PM
I was disappointed with Fantasmic also....a waste of time.

faline
05-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear about Fantasmic. Haven't been to see it in quite a while and now I'm guessing I will not rush back. The rest of your day sounded fun. Nice descrptions in your trip report!! :thumbsup:[/I]

VWL Mom
05-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you're off to a nice start with the exception of Fantasmic. Looking forward to reading more.

deedee73
05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
What did you think of Mama Melrose compared to some of the others that you have eaten at? Haven't tried this restaurant yet & i have seen very mixed views.

Cinderelley
05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Mama Melrose is my go to restaurant for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I have always really enjoyed it. This was the first time that I have ever had to wait after my reservation time. They were packed. I doubt if I do the dinner package any more, but I will continue to eat here. I love the mozzarella caprese. Chaq thought his food was excellent. He said the steak was cooked perfect and the pesto sauce with the calamari is amazing. He is more of a foodie than I am, so I would trust his judgement over mine. Lol

I have tried Sci Fi, Hollywood and Vine and 50s Prime Time. I like Mama Melrose better.

deedee73
05-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info. In the past we have done the package and have eaten at HBD but I am not sure that will appeal to our entire group so I was just wondering how Mama Melrose stacked up.

Cinderelley
05-13-2015, 10:00 PM
When I took a large group, we did Hollywood and Vine. It was a buffet, so I was sure there would be something for everyone. I really can't recommend the FDP now. It was that bad.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 12:48 AM
We never understood th hoopla over Fantasmic either. It's in bad need of an update!!!