PDA

View Full Version : Review of our latest trip

terri110874
05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Just got back from a long 6 days in WDW. Unfortunately, it was not a good trip.

We stayed at POR which was great. We had room 8031, good location to the bus stops. Food was ok here. Pools were close.

Since my son has aspergers , anxiety issues, adhd, and a few other issues, we opted to use the disability card. They have changed it to where it is on the magic band. This is mainly where the frustration from the trip comes from. First day it was down so we had to use the card which was ok hit a few bumps with cast members who seemed to irritated that we were using it. The next few days it was up and working with the magic band. I know it was a change for cast members who needed to learn the system. We were turned away from Toy Story by a cast member saying it was not on the magic band, I tried to explain that I just used it at Tower of terror but she still turn us away. So we went to guest relations and they check it and said it was fine, so back to Toy story and they still would not let us use it. (this was about hour and a half to deal with this) Then we decided forget it and try Rock n roller coaster. The guy was had a hard time with trying to get the hand held machine to work by this time my son had enough we left the park only riding tower of terror once and was only about 4 hrs. Animal Kingdom we only stayed for 2 hrs due to similar issues where it was not working and cast member who could not figure the new system out. We did a lot walking back and forth to guest relations so we never was able to go on anything. We did notice that that fast passes that I had made did not stay they seem to disappear and since I did not bring the print out that I had they would not honor those but offer to set up some for later in the day. To me it seemed like when they were trying to set up the return for the disability it some how got erased.

We did try a table service while we were there. Be our guest for dinner, both had the steak which was ok. Star Wars at Hollywood and Vine was ok but both of us got sick right after dinner. Garden grill was good (since we have some allegories we had only plain beef, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries , and a bowl of strawberrys). Star War at Sci Fi was ok had the eggs , bacon and potatoes, and my son had a bowl of cereal

Glad we had time away but wish it would of went smoother. I know that my son was going to have a few melt down but did not expect so many. Maybe next time it will go smoother

faline
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. I would expect Disney to do test runs on new systems they are turning out but then it feels the guests are the "testers' which is very unfortunate.

BrerGnat
05-12-2015, 06:47 PM
That is too bad. We have been there, done that. Our two boys are on the spectrum and we have had some days at WDW that were just doozies. It is hard to predict how days will go with our kids and adding in technical difficulties must have made things so much more frustrating. We have stopped using the DAS because it is kind of more hassle than it saves. We just wait if our kids want to...they know their limits, and we OFTEN also leave a park after only a couple of hours. So, I can relate to that as well.

I hope your next trip is better. All you can do is keep trying and hope the next time goes more smoothly.

princessgirls
05-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Terri,

Sorry your trip was less than magical. That is hard. Not all trips will be though.

Live and learn I say.... know what works and what doesn't and go from there.

Thanks for sharing!!

You will go back, and it will be better!
Julie:mickey: