PDA

View Full Version : Chaq and Mal - Chaq arrives

Cinderelley
05-12-2015, 06:53 AM
When we last left our fearless Mouseketeer, she was at All Star Sports reveling in her attitude adjustment. . .

After breakfast, bell services came to take my luggage to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I then decided to call my Mother since it was Mother's Day. While I was talking to her, a housekeeper saw me sitting in the room all alone. The way I was turned, she couldn't see the phone, so she stopped and asked if I was alright. She explained that it looked like I was just sitting in an empty room all alone. I thought that was very sweet of her to be concerned for a stranger.

The ER where my contract is at right now is full of Disney lovers. I came armed with a list from them of things to buy and orders to send pictures back for them to see. I sent a picture of the towel Mickey head. Being true Disney fans, they loved it. I headed to Downtown Disney to find the superhero store. One of the items on my list was an Avenger's shirt. I wandered in and out of the familiar shops just to relish the feeling of being there. As I got further in though, I liked it less and less. There were tons of people and construction walls everywhere. I am not a big shopper, so others may feel differently. When I finally reached the superhero store, I was not impressed. It wasn't very big. Definitely not big enough to hold all the people trying to get in. I faithfully took pictures of the various tshirts and sent them off.

I stopped at World of Disney on the way back and rekindled some of the magic. I picked out some postcards to send to intercotee's kids. Doing that is so much fun. :). I browsed through the infant section, since my first grandbaby is due in October. I am trying to find good Pooh stuff so that the baby is used to Winnie the Pooh prior to her first Crystal Palace breakfast. It is my family's only must do character meal.

I has received the text that said my room was ready, and Chaq was due to arrive in an hour, so I headed to AKL. Since Chaq had my magic band for AKL, I stopped at the check in desk to see if I could somehow get into the room. They linked my All Star Sports magic band and I headed off down the hall. Room 4348 on the kudu trail. I was walking and walking and walking. I started wondering if the walk would be too far for Chaq, and then I started thinking about how far into the savannah I had gotten. I had heard about surprise upgrades, and my excitement rose with every step. When I reached my room and opened the door, the balcony was staring back at me. I rushed out to see the Ankole cattle and Thomson's gazelles just outside of our room. I took pictures of the room, unpacked and briefly pondered building a fort with blankets and the bunk bed. Chaq got held up in traffic, and I fell asleep while waiting for him.
Chaq and I have played an online video game together for several years. This is our first time meeting in real life. For those of you who don't play, there are various programs you use to talk to each other while playing - ventrilo, team speak, etc. they are like conference calls where everyone you are playing with can talk. After playing with Chaq for so many years, I could pick out his voice in a crowd full of strangers. I woke up to him saying "Mal, I am here." With a big smile, I jumped out of bed and gave him a huge hug. He was amazed at the room and said that he would make it work.
It was time for our dinner reservation at Sanaa. I had always called it "sauna". I found out it is "sa NAAH". It was food that Chaq likes to eat, so I let him do all the ordering. I just had the steak. After dinner , we headed to the Magic Kingdom for our first fast passes.
On the way, we received a text that the pirates were all hung over from too much wine, so we had an open fast pass +. They must have taken two aspirin and drank some water, because we were able to pillage and plunder once we arrived in the Magic Kingdom. Chaq's fast pass request was to visit Master Gracey. We mingled with the happy haunts for a bit and then a ghost switched our heads just before we left to visit some dwarves. I had been cautiously optimistic about the new Fantasyland. I couldn't imagine another castle in magic kingdom. In the dark, it looked amazing! The view from the mine train was even better. We whistled while we worked through the twists and turns. Chaq even started singing along on the ride which made me smile. I like the new coaster. Chaq said he wanted to do it in the day also, so I was glad I had made another fast pass for it later in the week.
We headed out as they were doing a new show at the castle. It was "Celebrate" something.
Yesterday, I had seriously been wondering if I had bit off more than I could chew. This is my first trip back since I was so sick but listening to all of your tips over the years made today very manageable. Thank you for all the advice you give. :)

disneymom15
05-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Nice surprise on the room upgrade. Sounds like you had a great day..

faline
05-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Lovely day! Glad you got that room upgrade - it really is a spark of the Disney magic, is it not??

KylesMom
05-14-2015, 03:30 PM
While Downtown Disney doesn't sound like it was your cup of tea, the rest of the day sounds quite magical. How wonderful to finally "meet" such a wonderful friend, and then be able to share Disney magic with him! Looking forward to reading your next adventure . . . :mickey:

dtootsie42
05-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Sounds like it was a terrific day!

princessgirls
05-21-2015, 02:16 PM
A top ten fabulous Disney magical kind of day!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-30-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you're having fun! And thanks again for the postcards!!! I'm still waiting to talk to my nieces about them- the bums are away right now!!