PDA

View Full Version : 50th anniversary / 70th birthday

Simba 1
05-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Parents are celebrating two big milestones next year - their 50th anniversary in June, and mom's 70th birthday in March. :party: They travel with us to WDW every year, but have never been just by themselves. We are thinking of surprising them with their own trip, possibly in Jan/Feb 2016 to avoid the heat and crowds. I was hoping to pick a week that is likely to have a free dining offer. Any suggestions when that might be and when those offers generally become available? Any tips or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Strmchsr
05-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I don't recall "free" dining being offered in Jan recently, but I could be wrong on that. I never take that discount anyway. Room only is better for us with the food OOP. But in just thinking through this discounts I don't recall it offered. That said, pretty much any time before President's Day in Feb will be your best bet. Once that weekend hits spring break season kicks in and discounts go down. Jan is much more crowded than it used to be with all of the South American groups but it's still not too bad. Avoid Marathon Weekend in January.

denidale
05-12-2015, 01:33 PM
We were there Feb 4-11 of this year - the crowds were pretty low and the weather was great. They do not offer "free" dining at this time but instead offered either a room discount or the "Stay, Play, Dine" promotion which I believe is just a discount off the rack rates - but not "free". For us the room only discount was a better deal.

Katzateer
05-25-2015, 06:52 AM
If you want suggestions for a good time to go- late April is really nice as long as you avoid Easter. I normally go right before Mother's Day and have been lucky. This year I went on a solo 60th birthday trip. I don't enjoy going as much during the months no special events are going on. With the flower show there is more to do ( especially since this isn't their first trip).

This is the year of our 40th wedding anniversary and we are going the first week of December. Lots to see and do plus the beauty of the holiday decorations.

I am sure they will have a great time whenever you plan to surprise them with the trip. With so many closures and construction I like special event times to travel so you have more choices for activities.

Mrs Bus Driver
05-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Just a suggestion, you could give them a gift card to cover dinning expenses. Since they are in their 70's they may not want full meals 2 of which include desert, if there is money left over then can spend in on souvenirs. :mickey: