PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for 6

DisneyMom3
05-11-2015, 07:44 PM
WDW 3 night mini vacay in the works for Oct!!

4 adults two children traveling together. We need a kitchen. We have squeezed into the Wilderness Cabins but are considering other options. Money is a slight issue but will go up to $700/night so we have options. Any recommendations?

Pirate Granny
05-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Have you considered renting DVC points? You probably could get OKW two bedroom if it's available for that price point. How close to Halloween are you going?

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-12-2015, 09:47 AM
I sent you a private message about your stay.

faline
05-12-2015, 10:28 AM
You can rent vacation points from vacation club owners. Intercot sponsor, The Timeshare Store (http://www.dvc-resales.com/index.htm), can assist you with this. You can e-mail them for more information.

Speedy1998
05-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Have you considered staying offsite. You can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo or a 3 bedroom 3 bath town home for between $150 - $200 per night. We stay in the Windsor Hills Estates, which is only about 2 miles from Disney.

We first tried this in 2012, I thought I would hate not being on property, but ended up loving it. The only downsides are 1) having to pay for parking, 2) Travel to the MK takes awhile, seeing as you have to go to the TTC first.

eandrsmom
06-09-2015, 10:27 PM
We are a family of six and have stayed offsite and on property. Even with paying to park, it was much less expensive than staying onsite. It really just depends on your vacation habits and what you like to do and experience. If you want to take advantage of Disney transportation, EMH, and the 60 day FP+ window, you'd need to stay onsite. If you are driving, and don't need or want those things, then you can stay offsite. We just returned from SSR and stayed in a dedicated two bedroom. It was very nice, however, it felt like we were staying off property because of the distance to the parks. We drove each day and didn't use the bus system. My son did opt to take the bus to HS one afternoon and waited 30 minutes for the bus. We've stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in the past, and felt much closer to the parks. We've also stayed at Windsor Hills, and I found it to be nearly as close as SSR. Both of those options will give you a kitchen and more room for less cost than the Disney villas.

AndrewJackson
06-10-2015, 06:01 AM
I would also look at renting DVC points. Based on the current market rates for renting points, and the points chart, you could stay at nearly every DVC resort for $2100 or less for a 2-bedroom. OKW would be the cheapest, and you could even go with the grand villa there.