PDA

View Full Version : Spring Trip with 3 Newbies Day 3-Part 2-Downtown Disney

mommy2maddi
05-11-2015, 11:29 AM
We took a bus to DTD to do a little shopping. I wanted to get an ornament for the Christmas tree and to look for Disney Pandora charms-I know I can buy these in Appleton but I have resolved to get most of my Disney charms in WDW only.
We first went in the Christmas shop and I found two perfect ornaments. One is a Haunted Mansion one (I am a HM fanatic...I have the HM Dooney & Bourke purse which Thom got me for Valentine's Day), and a multi-colored glass mickey head ornament with the year painted on it. I had them sent to the room and we continued on our way. The girls really wanted a caramel apple from Goofy's Candy co. but I told them they could get one AFTER we were done shopping. They agreed. We looked through some more stores and got some more gifts for family/friends back home. Then DDs discovered the fountains outside. It was a hot day and they wanted to get wet so we agreed that even though they had on clothes instead of swimsuits they could get wet. And that is just what they did! They were absolutely soaked by the time they were done and we were fine with that. Thom and I wanted to go into a store that might sell Pandora charms so DDs sat outside on a bench to dry off a bit. This store did not sell the charms and the gentleman working there told me that they are only sold in Magic Kingdom but may at some point make it outside that park. This seemed wrong to me since I have seen them at Fox River Mall where I live! So we went into another store where they sold purses (my weakness) and jewelry. The girls waited outside again and we found Pandora charms! Score!!! DBF looked at the charms (since he wanted to be the one to pick them out for me-he got me the bracelet and has bought all the charms on it so far) and I looked at the Dooney & Bourke purses. I was contemplating buying the white Disney World one. I love it but hate spending money on myself. I am sure they have it in Magic Kingdom so I will sit on it and decide later. DBF wanted to surprise me with his choices so I took the girls to Goofy's Candy to get caramel apples while Thom shopped. DD-11 got a cheshire cat apple and DD-8 got an Olaf one. I bought a krispy treat to share with Thom and we sat down at a table outside.
Thom got me two perfect charms. One with Mickey and Minnie in black with red hearts all around them and another with tiny diamond mickey heads. I loved them! After we had filled ourselves with sugar we decided to head towards the Lego store. DDs and Thom built Lego people and we took some pictures outside by the Lego figures. Then we headed towards the buses to go back to AoA. The girls had been DYING to swim and hadn't been able to yet.
We waited for the bus for at least 40 minutes! Buses for every other resort came and left but ours never did. There was a rude family (5 or 6 young females and 3 children) ahead of us who were extremely rude. They were pointing at all the families who walked up and making snide comments about rich people thinking they own the world...all at a very loud volume. I instructed DDs to stay close to us and ignore what they were hearing. This was a bit disheartening since no one did anything to deserve these comments but I guess some people just feel better by making others feel badly (or trying to...no one seemed to care). Anyway, that was the only time I witnessed something like this on our trip.
After our bus finally came we got on and arrived at AoA shortly after. We walked in the room and were amazed at what the Mousekeeper did today. DD-8 had gotten a Birthday pin since her birthday was 2 days before we went to WDW and this trip was part of her present. Well the mousekeeper saw this and made a cake out of hand towels and washcloths and left a light up Mickey balloon on the bed. She also sat the American Girl doll on the other bed and put a book in her hands like she was reading. She sat the two Stitch stuffed animals DDs had gotten up on the bed like they were being read to by the doll. It completely amazed DDs! This mousekeeper went above and beyond our entire trip!! :mickey: DD-8 wrote a thank-you note to her and left it the following morning :)
We all got our suits on and headed to the Big Blue pool. This pool is amazing! The nice thing is our room is literally 40 feet from the pool. DBF and I swam for a little bit and then lounged on the chairs while DDs swam until after 9. We were hungry by now so we went to the food court and got a bite to eat after DDs were dried off and dressed.
We went back to the room and all showered/bathed since we had an ADR at O'hanas the next morning. DDs were so excited-they are both HUGE stitch fans! We set our alarms for 7:00 and went to sleep.

faline
05-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Looks like you got lots of nice purchases while you shopped! Lovely afternoon and relaxed evening!!