PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Fireworks

mickeys_princess
05-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Just booked California Grill for the first time, super excited to try it, have 2 questions. #1 Do you have to go to outside to see fireworks or can you watch from table? #2 The nights we were looking at going there are the same nights that the Christmas parties are going on. SInce the fireworks are the different holiday fireworks will they still play the music or whatever they usually do? Not sure what they actually "usually do"? :blush: Thanks!

John
05-11-2015, 10:57 AM
The best view is from outside... that said you could watch from inside through the windows or possibly even your table depending on where you are sitting.

The music is synced with the current show so you don't have to worry there [emoji6]

John
05-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Btw, it's one of the best dining experiences at Disney. Try the sushi if you are into that. I could eat at the bar there every night of my trip. Between the food and panoramic views, you can't go wrong.

mickeys_princess
05-11-2015, 11:19 AM
Btw, it's one of the best dining experiences at Disney. Try the sushi if you are into that. I could eat at the bar there every night of my trip. Between the food and panoramic views, you can't go wrong.

Thanks so much! It would be nice to be able to enjoy to christmas fireworks since we are not able to go to the party. And I love sushi!

Hammer
05-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I agree that it is a great dining experience. It is tied with Narcoossee's for our favorite WDW restaurant. When we ate there last October, we had a late reservation, about 15 minutes before the fireworks. We placed our order for champagne, charcuterie, then sushi for dinner. Our waiter brought us our champagne so we could take it outside to enjoy while watching the fireworks, but held our appetizer. After the fireworks were finished, the waiter brought out the charcuterie plate when we returned to the table.

Fangorn
05-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Plus,

even if you eat there earlier in the day - before the fireworks - you will be allowed to go back up to the observation deck to view the fireworks.

We watched Hallo-Wishes from there in October. It's a great place to see the show, and gives you a very unique view of things.

Steve

lawgirl
05-16-2015, 10:06 AM
I agree that it is a great dining experience. It is tied with Narcoossee's for our favorite WDW restaurant. When we ate there last October, we had a late reservation, about 15 minutes before the fireworks. We placed our order for champagne, charcuterie, then sushi for dinner. Our waiter brought us our champagne so we could take it outside to enjoy while watching the fireworks, but held our appetizer. After the fireworks were finished, the waiter brought out the charcuterie plate when we returned to the table.

This is our situation for July...late reservation. So will the waiter be ok with "holding" our meal, and waiting for the fireworks to finish? I'd like to go outside for them if possible, but didn't know how the waiter would handle it if we are mid-meal.

Thanks!

deedee73
05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
The wait staff at Disney is completely used to people pausing their meals for characters, fireworks, and the ELC. It is more the norm than the exception. On our last trip to Narcoosses, everyone eating at the neighboring tables all exited to view Wishes. It was mass exodus and like I said completely the norm. My only statement would be to inform your server of your plan so they can time your meal properly. So eat, view, and definitely enjoy.

Katzateer
05-17-2015, 07:24 AM
BEST out of park location for Wishes if you aren't saying at a monorail resort. If you enjoy hot tea the presentation of the teapot and the dishware and ingredients to put in your tea are fun. They have sugar cubes- brown and white, which my daughter thought was cool. And I love the tea cups. (Can you tell we are into tea big time at our house?). My daughter and I enjoy going for dessert and tea in the evening. We normally do go outside to watch- it is fun to look around. Have a great time!

Yungbuck73
05-23-2015, 06:13 PM
We just booked California grill for a Monday night at 9:10 pm with Wishes at 10pm. 1st time eating here.
Can you also see the Electric Water Pageant from here also?

faline
05-23-2015, 06:34 PM
We just booked California grill for a Monday night at 9:10 pm with Wishes at 10pm. 1st time eating here.
Can you also see the Electric Water Pageant from here also?

Depending on where we were seated, we have seen the Electrical Water Pageant from this location but, because we were indoors, did not hear the music that goes with it.