PDA

View Full Version : Hoop De Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ

mamamarie
05-10-2015, 04:14 PM
We are looking to book one of these for our trip in November. I was just wondering if those you have done both can compare or tell us their opinions. We have the dining plan. Are they both worth the 2 dining credits they are worth? We have a 11year old and 8 year old. TIA

Through the looking Glass
05-10-2015, 06:01 PM
We do the Hoop De Doo every trip. It's kinda like a family tradition. Was not to happy with Mickeys BBQ. Food was just ok and the entertainment was lacking.

deedee73
05-11-2015, 10:26 AM
We love the Hoop Dee Doo & we try never to miss it. The staff there is always warm & welcoming. The food is very good & the show has many laughs. I would recommend it to anyone. We have taken a diverse group over the years (last trip from toddler to 94 year old) and everyone loved it.

John
05-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Hoop de do has a long history and the show is still as entertaining as it was in 1974. Highly recommended!

Davy Crockett
05-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Definitely the Hoop De Doo and unless you are on the deluxe dining plan (3 TS per day) I would want to think about purchasing this on it's on and using your 2 TS credits each elsewhere. We've done it both ways and unless they changed the dining plan restrictions you can only get Category 2 or 3 seating, which are the very back or sides of the room or upper balcony. It's a good show no matter where you are seated though.

ENJOY!!!

mydisneygirls
05-12-2015, 10:03 AM
We have done both - Hoop Dee Doo many times / Backyard BBQ twice. If I had to choose between the two, it would be HDD, especially for 11 and 8 year olds. I just feel BBQ is for younger children, the food isn't as good at HHD and the entertainment at BBQ doesn't compare to HHD.