PDA

View Full Version : The Poly & Contstruction?

sledgecammer
05-09-2015, 08:47 PM
My family and I are planing to perhaps stay at the Poly during the last week of August. I have heard there is construction going on there right now that is ruining the vibe there right now. I am considering moving to the Contemporary. Can someone here give me some guidance as to whether I am right to do so? Has anyone here stayed at the Poly lately and might all this construction be done by August??

CleveSJM
05-10-2015, 03:26 PM
The lobby was torn up but that is fixed now. I was there in December and it all looked great. No need to move.

Polynesian Dweller
05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Actually, the majority of the construction is done and the place looks great. The GCH, main lava pool, DVC bungalows and the old Tahiti building are completed, and the main beach had reopened. There is still work in the old Tokelau building but it shouldn't be noticeable. There will be work on the east pool but should be minimally disruptive.

In other words, the place is not a construction zone anymore and I wouldn't change my plans. In fact, I'm booked to go and not at all concerned.

sledgecammer
05-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much - I decided to stick with the Poly, and from what I hear from you guys, I made the right choice. We will be staying in the Samoa building; we have asked for the ground floor next to the Volcano pool if possible...We loved staying there last time and look forward to being there again !! Thanks for your thoughts!