PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Trails End

Lisa and Alan
05-09-2015, 10:02 AM
We are staying at VWL this fall and are thinking of eating at Trails End buffet on the night we arrive. Do you need ADRs for this location or have people had luck just walking in. We are arriving on a Wednesday. Also wondering how long the walk is from Wilderness lodge to the campground. Or should we plan on the internal bussing? Dining reviews for Trails End would be appreciated as well.:mickey:

retiredfigment
05-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Not an expert, but I would suggest making reservations. Trails End used to be a well kept, wonderful secret and usually could walk in. When we stayed at WL, we took the boat over to the campground.

faline
05-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Trail's End is located in Fort Wilderness which is near, but not the same location, as Wilderness Lodge. Depending on what time you are planning to dine, it could be pretty dark in the fall. There is a walking path but it is unlit. I'd suggest taking a bus or boat over to Fort Wilderness for your dinner.

JanetMegan
05-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Howdy, it's been a couple years since we went. We find it to be good, but not great? It's reasonable for Disney standards though and usually not too crowded. I'd boat over from WL. Good fried chicke, ribs, mac and cheese, basics. Nothing fancy.

#1donaldfan
05-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Trails End is our new must do each trip. We love it there. I'm sure it's quite a hike from the WL, but not certain as we always take the boat from the Contemp over. We have been lucky to get reservations the day of but I'd make sure to have them just in case, it's been very busy every time we've been there. :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 11:59 PM
This used to be the place that we could always walk in, but the last couple of years the word has gotten out! I think the expansion of the Fort wilderness cabins has made it busier.

I would take the boat ride over from the Wilderness Lodge. It's a fun way to travel!

We really like the buffet. It is small but has a nice salad bar, usually 2 different soups, a chili, peel and eat shrimp, BBQ ribs, amazing fried chicken, pizza, something carved (eg. Prime rib, roast beef, Turkey), mashed potatoes, a baked potatoe bar, several different veggies, some kind of pasta or pasta bake, corn on the cob, cookies, brownies, soft serve ice cream with sundae fixings... It's small but everything on it is good and we never leave hungry! It's actually my husbands favourite place to eat at Disney and we go every trip.

Another bonus is ordering a beer from Crocketts tavern and rocking in the huge rocking chairs on the big porch. Great spot to people watch in comfort. Or you could wander over to the horse stables and see the gorgeous Belgian and Clydesdale horses that are used in the Magic Kingdom. You are allowed into the barn about 19 feet and are able to see them up close. Walt Disney circus calliope is in there too.

We also enjoy taking a walk through a few loops of the campground to check out big motorhomes and RVs. If you go near Halloween or Christmas, a lot of the campers will decorate their sites and it is fun to see.

Honestly, I don't have enough good things to say about the place!

mydisneygirls
05-12-2015, 12:10 PM
I agree with JanetMegan, the food is okay but not great. We ate there last trip and glad we tried it but it's not on our "must go" list of places to eat. It's worth going once.