View Full Version : Spring Trip with 3 Newbies Day 2-DHS & MK Part 1

mommy2maddi
05-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Cast:
Myself
DBF
DD-11
DD-8

Our original plan for today was to go to AK however there was rain in the forecast and when we woke up the skies were gray and it was already raining. So I decided that since there is a lot to do outside in AK we should change the plans up and go to DHS instead since there are far more indoor rides there. I went on MDE and changed our fastpasses but was not able to get one for TSMM (dang! never ridden this and our FP+ was for another day which we now changed to an AK day). Oh well, roll with the punches right?
We ate breakfast in the food court at AoA (which was a loud, crazy madhouse) and hopped on a bus with our ponchos in tow. By the time we got to DHS it was raining quite hard but we were all in good spirits. Since we got to the park shortly after 9 a.m. we decided to head to RNRC since the wait was only 10 minutes. I was very worried about DD-11 freaking out on this but to my surprise, she LOVED it! I guess I can't call her timid when referring to roller coasters anymore! DD-8 loved it as well and the ride pictures were priceless. After this ride we went to TOT since we had 0930 FP+ for this ride. DD-11 did NOT like this ride at all. On the picture she is leaning against the wall gripping on to the handle and hiding her face. DD-8 didn't love it as much as RNRC but she didn't hate it either. Next we headed towards Star Tours as we had 1030 FPs. I have to say I didn't expect much from this ride but we all absolutely loved it. We ended up riding it probably 10 times before our trip was over. There are multiple scenarios and I think we experienced 4 different ones. We liked the ending in the water the best of all the endings. After that we stopped in to meet one of the Disney Jr princesses (can't remember her name) and we also met Pluto. DDs had their first character pictures and autographs-they were happy. Now we headed back towards RNRC for our 1145 FP. On the way there we got 2 churros to split with chocolate sauce. They weren't as good as I expected them to be...almost a stale texture to them. Don't need to get one of these ever again. When we reached RNRC It wasn't quite time for our FP so we rode TOT again since the wait said it was only 20 minutes (the wait ended up being only about 5 minutes). DD-11 said that was enough for her and she wouldn't ride TOT again. I was kinda surprised I got her on a second time so I was fine with that. Next we rode RNRC again with our FP and decided to get a bus to MK. We had 1945 reservations for BOG for dinner and knew we wanted to spend the second half of the day in that park. By now the rain is only a slight sprinkle and completely stopped by the time we reached MK.
To be continued...

faline
05-08-2015, 07:26 AM
You never know which rides kids are going to like and/or hate! Good your oldest is being so daring!! Sounds like you didn't let the rainy start interfere with your touring!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 01:56 AM
Your daughter is brave to ride ToT twice! I went once and I don't think I'd ever be able to go again. I hate that feeling of losing your stomach when you're dropping! But I love watching people go on it!