PDA

View Full Version : Dining highlights from my solo trip- May1-5

Katzateer
05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
I had all my meals planned but changed them according to what sounded good once I got to WDW.

Ended up not going to BOG for breakfast. I have been there 3 times for lunch and once for dinner. I love the theme but the only thing that sounded truly amazing on the breakfast menu was the donut. I couldnt see spending $20 on that and a basket of pastries. I ended up with Pop waffles and bacon and fruit then counter service food at the Poly ( adult grilled cheese). Much more bang for my bucks. Hopefully in December I can get a dinner seating.

Kona has been a favorite of mine for years. The food is good, a cool place to relax. But I think I like the new quick counter service menu better downstairs. The pulled pork is really good. And I like the outside tables. Got to watch baby ducks and their mom and enjoyed the breeze.

SciFi was fun as always. A burger, onion rings and chocolate shake were perfect.

The Plaza worked out great around 7:30 pm, I got the grilled chicken and strawberry salad and it was yummy. I had a FP+ for Wishes. Was able to walk out after eating, And I watched the parade, castle show and Wishes from the viewing area.

They were handing out those packages of applesauce you squeeze from the container by the butterfly exhibit at Epcot and I enjoyed those. Popcorn, caramel corn from Germany, and Dolewhip !!

I enjoyed the cronut at Epcot, the lemon/blueberry tart from Florida Fresh was very good. I didnt like the burnt ends brisket from The Smokehouse as well as the beef brisket and collard greens from other ears at Flower Show. A chocolate eclair from France was enjoyable while waiting for Illuminations.

I miss the food choices already- soon I can plan for our December trip and get some signature dining planned.