PDA

View Full Version : Birthday/Flower show trip

Katzateer
05-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Had a great 3 day trip - the weather was perfect. I don't like hot and humid and it was very comfortable. No rain either:thumbsup:

The flower show was beautiful. I enjoyed it more than last year. So glad I gave it another try.

POP was fine to stay in. I don't like the towels or the pillows but the bed was comfortable. Even though there were large cheer, dance (hip hop and a Broadway theatrical workshop), some type of competition with older boys and orchestra groups I found the resort and buses easy to navigate. My room was on the 4th floor right behind Lady and an easy walk. I did not hear or see anyone most of the time. No problems sleeping. I had a room with a connecting door which I dont really like. Being by myself I would rather not but I didn't think to ask when I checked in. Only the food court was crowded. Didn't really have any problems in the parks but at times they were crowded.

My magic band worked great. I didn't carry money or cards just used the band for all purchases. I did have to scan it twice every time I went into the parks after the first day. Not sure what it didn't like but it did always work the second attempt. It worked first try for all my FP+

Katzateer
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
I like the new hub area in MK. Still construction going on but they have got a lot of it done since December. My first day I made it in time for the afternoon parade. Love it!:cloud9: My last day I got a great spot for recording it on my phone and wouldn't you know, the dragon was not breathing fire that day. It was a little breezy so I guess that's why.

I ended up in the middle of the Star Wars masses at the Studios on the 4th. Didnt realize what I was walking into. So many people dressed up in themed clothing - reminded me of the Halloween party. I imagine the Star Wars weekends are just crazy. But after going to the Villians Party a few years back, I don't think I could do big events at the studios again. So many people in such a small area. I thought the stage looked fine from the front and liked being able to see down to the theatre. Glad the hat is gone.

Had a great couple of safari's and enjoyed Lion King and Flights of Wonder. AK was getting really crowded so left around noon to park hop. Can't wait for all the new things coming to AK!

Even though the parks were crowded at times, I had a great trip and didn't really have any problems.

Katzateer
05-06-2015, 09:54 AM
One magic moment from a cast member. I found an Advenger Tshirt on way to Frozen singalong. Took a picture, talked to my oldest and she asked me to get it. Went back a few days later ( didn't see it in any other park) and the little shop was closed at 11am. I asked a cast member passing by when it opened and it would be another hour. When I explained I made a special trip to get it, he said he could get for me and then we walked over to the Writer's Stop to pay for it. He must have been in a management position (he had a dress shirt on but not a suit) and was very nice.

faline
05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Lovely trip! Glad you got a little extra magic to get to the shirt you wanted!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 02:01 AM
I'm so happy that the Disney employee helped you out like that! Hope your daughter loved her Avengers T Shirt!