PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Quick Trip Report - The Ugly

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Just one thing. The traffic around Downtown Disney.

Oh.

My.

Horrible.

We were staying at the Holiday Inn, on the Marketplace Side of Downtown Disney. We could walk to DTD from our hotel in less than five minutes. However, we decided one night to drive and park in the parking garage so that after the movie was over, we wouldn't have to walk the length of DTD and then the couple of blocks to our hotel at 11pm.

So, instead, when the movie got out, we sat in traffic for 40 minutes. To go less than two miles.

If you're thinking of driving past Downtown Disney, think again.

faline
05-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Wonder if that was an anomaly or a usual occurrence??

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 10:20 PM

It was like that all weekend. Most of the time we went around to Port Orleans, turned down Vacation Club Way, and around the other side of Downtown Disney. I should have gone that way on Saturday night, but I thought that even though there would be some traffic, it couldn't be THAT bad.

baldburke
05-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Buena Vista Drive is under construction. I thought it was in response to the expansion and updating of DTD? Traffic around DTD has been bad for years. Hopefully the construction will ease some of the strain?

NJGIRL
05-07-2015, 06:44 PM
We avoided DTD all together in April. We were going to eat dinner there our first night but because of all the reports we went to City Walk instead.

Beach Club Babe
05-10-2015, 01:06 AM

Definitely NOT an anomaly. It is like that pretty much all day everyday with the exception of early in the am. Buena Vista is under construction as well aa the construction associated with Disney Springs equals disaster. Taking the bus is not much better. I do agree that the new garage is great, especially now that they have completed the upper walkways.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Wow- what a nightmare! Hopefully that won't last all summer! The poor locals!!!