PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Quick Trip Report - The Bad

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 06:04 PM
There really wasn't much bad. I would have to say that the only thing that was bad was:

1. Fast Pass + increasing lines on all attractions - while in the "The Good" review I said that lines were manageable, it also meant that all attractions had lines that were all about the same wait time. Regardless of popularity. So, some things we would have ridden more than once, we didn't, because we didn't want to ride the lines.

2. Splash Mountain Laughing Place still not working - That ride was just down for over a month, and they still don't have all of the effects up.

faline
05-05-2015, 06:24 PM
I do agree that fastpass + does seem to have driven up lines everywhere - even for those "less popular" rides!!

Katzateer
05-07-2015, 08:26 AM
It is interesting looking at FP lines sometime. Late afternoon I was walking past 7DMT and the standby line was less than 20 minutes. The FP line was really long. Some people that noticed hopped out of FP and went through standby.

NJGIRL
05-07-2015, 06:49 PM
One of the reasons I don't like FP+ is for the exact reason you stated. Attractions that never had a wait or a minimal wait now have double or triple wait times.

Hammer
05-08-2015, 06:18 PM
There really wasn't much bad. I would have to say that the only thing that was bad was:

1. Fast Pass + increasing lines on all attractions - while in the "The Good" review I said that lines were manageable, it also meant that all attractions had lines that were all about the same wait time. Regardless of popularity. So, some things we would have ridden more than once, we didn't, because we didn't want to ride the lines.

One of the reasons I don't like FP+ is for the exact reason you stated. Attractions that never had a wait or a minimal wait now have double or triple wait times.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the added lines, but I LOVE that I don't have to set an alarm to get a Fastpass for some rides. It's a trade-off. People who were "park commando" types get less of a benefit from FP+. As I have said before, no one in my family has ever fallen into that category :D. Vacation to us, regardless of where we are going, means we don't set an alarm (at least one that will go off before 8:30-9:00). People like my family actually get to ride more rides, including popular rides, without have to race to be at park opening using FP+.

I actually would love a tiered system like Universal has with the Loew's/Universal hotels where some of them have unlimited access to most rides, but you would have just as many people screaming if Disney did that where the moderates and values would have to pay to get Fast passes.

There will always be a group which won't like whatever system is in place. You will never please all of the people all of the time, as the saying goes.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 01:40 AM
I know what you mean about the line. Our last trip in September we couldn't believe the lines for Spaceship Earth during the afternoon. That has always been a walk on for us! But it had a 20 minute wait most of the time. It was mind boggling to us! :mickey: