PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Quick Trip Report - The Good

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 05:15 PM
There was a lot that was good on this trip. I'll try to be succinct!

1. Crowd Levels - They were perfect! Even during busy times, the longest wait I saw for the most popular rides (7DMT, Soarin', TSM) was 55 minutes. I couldn't believe it. On Saturday, in the Magic Kingdom, and lines were manageable. In fact, we were there at opening, stayed until about 2pm, and rode (in order):

7DMT, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Pooh, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Philharmagic, then lunch at The Plaza (review here: http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209098)
and then wandered out of the park.

2. Downtown Disney new offerings - we loved the parking garage, the new Erin McKenna Bakery, the new pedestrian bridge, and the Fork & Screen (Review here: http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209099)

3. Staying at the Holiday Inn at DTD. Nice hotel. Bathroom was a little small, but it's in a great location, and the room was comfy.

4. Weather. It was perfect. 60s - low 80s and mostly sunny.

5. Fast Pass+ - Because of the new FP+ system, we showed up at DHS at 3pm and were able to ride Toy Story Mania without waiting in an hour long line. We were also able to ride Soarin' twice on Sunday...first when the park opened and then a couple hours later. All without having to wait in a long line. Awesome.

faline
05-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Isn't it wonderful when everything comes together like that?

KylesMom
05-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Low crowd levels can improve the Disney experience SO much . . . glad you hit everything just right. I am also happy that FP+ worked so well for you! :mickey:

baldburke
05-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Low crowd levels can improve the Disney experience SO much

It's like finding a pot of gold! :gold:

Hammer
05-08-2015, 06:20 PM
5. Fast Pass+ - Because of the new FP+ system, we showed up at DHS at 3pm and were able to ride Toy Story Mania without waiting in an hour long line. We were also able to ride Soarin' twice on Sunday...first when the park opened and then a couple hours later. All without having to wait in a long line. Awesome.

That is a definite plus!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 01:37 AM
That is amazing that the crowds were good for you! I hope some of your pixie dust wears off on me for our November trip! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Wow..... you have excited me by telling me there is hope that on a rare occasion you can actually get on a ride with a "normal" wait.

Julie:mickey: