PDA

View Full Version : AMC 24 Fork & Screen Dinner Review

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 02:32 PM
On a whim, my wife and I decided to go see the new Avengers movie at the Fork & Screen on Saturday night. Overall, it was a good experience.

We bought the tickets the day before, and we had to go to the 8pm show, as everything else was full. You get to pick your seats, which is awesome.

My first impression when I walked in was that it was the love child of the Sci-Fi Dine In and a regular movie theater. It has the same kind of lighting with a little dining counter in front of your seat with some tiny yellow lighting so you can barely see your counter....and your food.

The server was great, and I love the airline-style "attendant button" that you press when you want service. We skipped soda, partly because we're trying to quit, but partly because they use the new Coke Freestyle machines, which I think tastes funny.

My wife ordered a wedge salad, and I ordered mozzarella sticks. My sticks were good, but they didn't give me nearly enough sauce. My wife *loved* her wedge salad.

For the meal, we both went with the Asian Steak and Shrimp bowl with stir-fried vegetables. She got hers sans shrimp. It was good, but needed more....something. More teriyaki or soy sauce. It was a little dry.

Once the movie started playing and the lights went down, we couldn't see what we were eating anymore. That's a little disconcerting...not knowing exactly what you speared with your fork as you put it in your mouth.

So, we liked it, and would do it again, but not with the whole family. The movie alone cost us $40. The meal was another $50. If we had brought our three kids, it would have become a $250 night out at the movies.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Thank you so much for sharing! It sounds like fun for a night out! :mickey: