PDA

View Full Version : Narcoosee's Review (with notes on Gluten-free offerings)

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Ate at Narcoosee's last Friday evening. Here are our quick thoughts:

Ambiance - OK. Doesn't really feel upscale, like the Cali Grill or Artist Point. This was definitely more casual. Also a little loud, but not too bad.

Service - Excellent. The server was friendly, but not intrusive. We actually thought that the service was the best part of the restaurant.

Food - Mixed. My wife (gluten-free) was given two of the now standard WDW gluten free rolls that are pre-packaged and warmed up. She's now had these at multiple places, and only Artist Point has prepared them well. This time, one corner was brick hard, and parts were soggy. For dinner she ordered the Joyce Farms All-Natural Chicken Breast w pan-roasted Chicken Breast, Roasted Baby Carrots and Parsnips, and Potato Pave with Corn-Truffle Cream. The chicken was over-cooked and dry, and the rest of the meal was just OK.

I got a full half-loaf of sourdough bread all to myself with the salted butter. Delicious. I also ordered the Snake River Farms Kurobuta Pork Rib Chop w/ Antebellum creamy white polenta with Tillamook cheddar, Mixed Pole Beans, Pickled Garlic, and Bourbon-Apple Conserve. It was delicious, though the pork rib chop is hard to cut. The polenta was amazing. So amazing, in fact, that my wife (who does not like polenta) ate most of it. I did this out of love, as she wasn't happy with her own meal. I also ordered the Lobster Mac n Cheese as a side, which was super rich. I could only eat half. I saved the rest for breakfast one morning.

The best parts of Narcoosee's were the service, the viewing of Wishes from the balcony/patio, and the free dessert they gave us! It was our 20th anniversary trip, so we had the "Happy Anniversary" buttons on. While we were watching the fireworks, our server cleaned the table, and had left for us a free Narcoossee's Coconut and Chocolate Creme Brulee with a piece of White Chocolate with the words "Happy Anniversary" printed on it. It was amazing!

So, in the end, it was not a bad meal, and there were things that we liked about it. But, for us, it is a "Been There, Done That" restaurant that we're not likely to visit again for a long time.

Hammer
05-05-2015, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry you did not enjoy all aspects of your meal at Narcoossee's. I have always had excellent meals, but I almost always order seafood there. Oddly, we feel the same way you do about Narcoossee's regarding Artist Point. That is the great thing about Disney World; there are so many different places to try!

I think the reason it does seem louder there than California Grill or Artist Point is due to it only having hardwood flooring, so nothing to absorb sound.

Katzateer
05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry you didnt enjoy enough to go back. I normally get steak and it is very good. I think my husband gets the pork chop.

And i agree about Artist Pointe i would not go back there. Good thing we have so many choices to make everyone happy.

Also sorry we didnt get together ( I never made it to MK Saturday)

azcavalier
05-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Sorry you didnt enjoy enough to go back. I normally get steak and it is very good. I think my husband gets the pork chop.

And i agree about Artist Pointe i would not go back there. Good thing we have so many choices to make everyone happy.

Also sorry we didnt get together ( I never made it to MK Saturday)

And I forgot to put your phone number in my contacts. But I remembered when we were at the park! But I couldn't contact you. We'll probably cross paths another time. I hope you had a great trip!

KarenP
05-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the review. I may have to go and try the polenta. It is one of my favorite dishes!

SurferStitch
05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry your wife was unhappy with the chicken. Our friend got it there once, and raved about it.

She should have let the server know... they absolutely would have made her another one! Narcoossee's bends over backwards to make your experience perfect. It's why it's our favorite restaurant on site.

And see... I feld that the atmosphere in Artist Pointe was almost cafeteria-like. I mean, even though our space seemed small because we were stuck in a corner between a window and a huge wooden column (even the server had a hard time reaching the table when he brought our food), the whole room was relatively loud and kind of plain. But hey, that's why there are so many places to choose from!

dtootsie42
05-09-2015, 09:23 PM
So sorry that the meal at Narcoossee's was not the best. We have gone many times and have always had a terrific meal, service etc. One time I had a problem with my dish and when I mentioned to the waiter that it was not what I expected they immediately asked what they could do to make it right. I hope you give it another try :mickey:
----------------------------------------------------------

Dec 1997-Contemporary
Dec 1999-Poly
Dec 2001-Poly concierge
June 2002-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2003-Poly concierge
Dec 2005-Poly concierge
Dec 2007-Poly concierge
Oct 2008-Disneyland (off site)
Dec 2009-Poly concierge
Nov 2010-Disneyland Hotel
Feb. 2012- Grand Floridian concierge celebrating 25 years of marriage just hubby and I
September 2012- Paradise Pier
January 2014-Grand Floridian
December 2014-Grand Californian