PDA

View Full Version : One of the reasons for less discounting.......

WiltonJohn
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Disney's theme park revenues apparently rose 6% to $3.76 Billion Dollars because people spent more on the hotels, food and in general in the parks.

Guess the Yeti not working is not a huge factor :secret:.

best,

..................john

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-05-2015, 10:55 AM
The Yeti and all the other stuff that needs fixing only matters to true Disney fans. One time guests don't care or don't know what they are missing.:mad:

Tekneek
05-05-2015, 01:08 PM
The Yeti and all the other stuff that needs fixing only matters to true Disney fans. One time guests don't care or don't know what they are missing.:mad:

True and obvious.

I'm glad they're doing well, even if I may not ever go back. As far as the end of discounts go, I continue to receive offers of discounts to stay on property.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Well, it's settled, MagicBands and FP+ worked like a charm!

And to think, we were all so critical. :D

mrte62
05-14-2015, 11:10 PM
And remember the old Disney saying:

No matter how high we raise prices, they will still come, and keep coming and coming....:mickey:

manutd1
05-14-2015, 11:38 PM
I will say this...WDW to me, keeps getting better. Its no wonder their profits are up and more folks are going. I will also say, that the first time we went with the magic bands and FP+ I liked it. It was great to plan ahead and it worked well. The last time we went, which was just last week....:) I loved FP+ even more!:thumbsup:
I think disney hit a home run with it. Everything went perfect....including the weather!!:cloud9:

joonyer
05-15-2015, 12:11 AM
. . . . I loved FP+ even more!:thumbsup:
I think disney hit a home run with it. Everything went perfect....including the weather!!:cloud9:

That's IT! I knew the new FP+ system was going to be good for something. :D:funny::funny::D

Maddie
05-19-2015, 12:28 PM
They don't need to discount. They are finding new ways to make money. The RunDisney events have become so popular that folks are traveling down to do all of them throughout the year. The innovation of such events keeps the parks and hotels filled on weekends that would otherwise be dead. They are reaching out to new crowds and are doing better than ever. I wish there were more discounts, of course! I love Disney but it is expensive. However, if you do it a certain way (value resorts, no park hopper) you can make it fit your budget.

SteveL
05-19-2015, 01:00 PM
It seems that Disney has developed the bottomless udder to be milked vigorously.

BrerGnat
05-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Less discounts is also probably due to people booking in advance, hoping a discount will come out. This reduces the inventory and makes it seem like Disney doesn't NEED to offer discounts. Those same people likely keep their reservation, even if Disney doesn't offer a discount.

WiltonJohn
05-19-2015, 01:45 PM
It seems that Disney has developed the bottomless udder to be milked vigorously.

We sometimes forget...... it is a business..... the goal is to make money. :secret:

best,

...................john