PDA

View Full Version : Feel The Force Premium Package

eandrsmom
05-03-2015, 11:43 AM
This is our first time vacationing during Star Wars Weekends. Since my hubby is a big Star Wars fan, I booked the Feel the Force Premium Package for our family. I just read on another site that it was not a good value, and that it is still difficult to see the parade unless you get there very early. Part of the reason that I purchased this was so that we wouldn't have to wait a long time with four kids for a good viewing spot. Also, the article said that in order to get a good table at the dessert party that evening, you need to get in line early so that you get a table when they open. We are a family of six, will we have trouble getting a table if we get there as they open? A big reason for purchasing this was so we would have a positive experience during what is expected to be a crowded day. Has anyone done this, and what is your opinion?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2015, 09:44 PM
I've read about this package a couple of times, and it seems like it is still a very busy day, even with the package.

You'll still have to get to the parade in good time (at least an hour before) and I don't think there are actual tables at the dessert party, just "leaning" tables.

It is an insanely crowded weekend, no matter what you try!

DANAM
05-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I also booked this package. We have been several times but have never been able to get close to seeing the parade. Like 20 people deep!! I read similar reviews and saw the pictures of the so called crowds in the section. I can tell you that's a better view than if you were to just walk up. My husband stood on top the wall by Staring Rolls and Brown Derby (with dozens of other people) with my son on his shoulders just so my DS 6 could catch a glimpse of something. I am terrified of heights and was in a panic that they would fall. That wall has to be 3 foot if not higher in parts. But everyone was doing it and cast members were helping people up. After that I was happy to pay for a view with 4 or 5 people in front of me.

Super excited 18 days and counting!:party:

MyDisneyworld
05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
We did this package last year and found the view of the parade very good. They keep a section roped off up front just for kids so they can sit and watch which was nice. We stood right behind that section and had a great view. Kids had lots of ice cream and enjoyed it.
As for the dessert party we got there about mid way between when you could get in and the start of the fireworks and couldn't get a table. We were able to see the stage/fireworks fine. The street outside the party was crazy packed and would not want to be stuck in that. We had lots of room around us so it was lots of fun.
The second night we went to the fireworks but did not do the party and found a great viewing area in front of hollywood and vine. The street again was crazy packed and couldn't wait to get out of that crowd. Nice and relaxed where we were. You can't see the stage but you can see the large TV screen off to the side. It was a better view of fireworks then the party.
We will be there for 2 weekends this year and will be skipping the party and going to our spot.
Enjoy....

eandrsmom
05-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Thanks! I'm glad that I was able to reserve the package. I guess if it's that crowded, we'll probably leave the park after the parade and lunch then return later in the evening before the fireworks.