PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern

pabef601
05-02-2015, 04:15 PM
First time eating here this June. Is it a character meal? DD and friend are teenagers and I didn't think they would care about that, but now they want a character meal.

Goofeygal
05-02-2015, 04:43 PM
It is not a character meal. We ate there once and for the price we were not impressed.

AgentC
05-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Another consideration is it is a significant different experience from lunch to dinner. Lunch is a regular menu. Dinner is a set menu with family style service. The dinner is not to my taste. I prefer the lunch service. It is very quiet for a late lunch and then puts you in a good spot to view the 3 pm parade.

DANAM
05-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Not a character meal but we absolutely loved the dinner. We have been there for lunch too and have always enjoyed it. But if you aren't a Holiday food type person I could understand you not liking it.

Checkers
05-03-2015, 10:25 PM
Isn't it closed or soon will be for renovation? Seems to me I read somewhere that it will be re-opening just before Thanksgiving.

Update: LTT is closed for renovations from 7/6/15 - 11/19/15.

Ramblingman
05-04-2015, 02:25 PM
We ate dinner there for the first time ever (in over 40 years of trips) in March. Not sure why others did not like it, but we were very impressed.

The pork and turkey were delicious, and the corn was succulent. Also enjoyed the stuffing. I wish we had known how good the dessert was - we would have saved more room for it. It is cake with apples and cranberries and ice cream.

I highly recommend it.

Ramblingman
05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Forgot to mention character meals. If it's still available, you could do Crystal Palace for breakfast with Pooh and friends. That's always a good one. Better food than Chef Mickey's (our opinion).

sonamae80
05-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Not a character meal, but a wonderful meal, nonetheless! Definitely worth it! ;)

NJGIRL
05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
We love the lunch menu.

poodlemcduck
05-05-2015, 10:32 AM
We always have had great service and food. Plenty to eat and sometimes makes it difficult to walk around the park. We only have done dinner.

Sylvia
05-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Liberty Tavern once was a character meal at dinner, but this ended a few years ago. The food is delicious and the 18th century colonial atmosphere is great and reminds me of home.

One of my friends loves the family-style dinners and always schedules two meals on each trip. He recommends that you should always be very hungry if you have dinner here.

I prefer the lunch menu and always order the same meal - New England Pot Roast, followed by Johnny Appleseed's Cake. I'll miss this meal on my upcoming trip, since LTT will be closed. Looks like I'll have to schedule 2 ADRs on my trip next spring.:blush: :blush:

mydisneygirls
05-05-2015, 07:31 PM
We ate here once and didn't care for it at all. I think food is much better at other places. I would suggest 1900 Park Fare (the entertainment is worth it) or Crystal Palace.

Davy Crockett
05-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Liberty Tree is a must eat destination for our family. Normally first night as it is the wife's favorite (normal TS restaurant). Dinner is preferred over lunch due to the family style meal that is served. For those that have not tried it I highly recommend. Just make sure you made ADR's as walk up's can have a long wait.

deedee73
05-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Been a while since we ate here. Mixed responses from even our group of 5. Therefore LTT is not high on my list of places to revisit.

I would second the opinion of Crystal Palace. It has a large buffet for each meal with a very open and spacious feel to it. And who doesn't love Pooh & Friends.