PDA

View Full Version : Visiting in late April/May

mandaep
05-02-2015, 02:19 PM
So we have always went in May years ago 2006-2009, went in 2011 in June and last year in September. I went into our trip last year thinking it would be the best time of year to go however it was the most busy we have seen. I know that times are up year round but looking at a lot of the wait times right now they better considering when we went last year. This time of year has always been our favorite and we are going to give it another try 2016.

Any thoughts on the volume in late April/May that are more recent than when we wen in 2009?? Any ideas or tips on booking around this time?

Thanks!

SBETigg
05-02-2015, 04:23 PM
The third week of April is break for a lot of Northeast schools, but it's really a good time to go unless Easter also falls in that time stretch. Great weather, not bad crowds. I imagine the last week of April is also good. In 2016, Easter is March 26, so I think mid-late April will be good for you. I have no idea about May.

catasaid
05-02-2015, 07:18 PM
We have gone at that time of the year for the last 5 years and found the crowd levels to be very manageable. Last year (2014) we were there April 28 - May 4. The crowds were fine but the weather was the worst we have ever experienced at that time of year...lots of rain and severe thunder storms. Usually the weather is great...warm but not too humid. But I wouldn't hesitate to go again in late April-early May. It's actually my favorite time to visit WDW. I love EPCOT during the Flower & Garden Festival...it is the most beautiful time of year for that park. For me, it even beat the Christmas season, which was beautiful, but not as beautiful as the park during the Flower & Garden Festival! Didn't get to WDW this spring...took a cruise instead and will return to Disney in October this year.

mandaep
05-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Yes! It has always seemed manageable for us, maybe even a little busy but with just the two of us and the old FP system we never had an issue. Rain has been hit or miss for us with our last trip being kind of a damper (2009), it rained constantly. Last trip with the kids in September, first time taking both and the rain was a bummer then. I know it rains a lot in Florida and I do not mind the occasional storm but those constant downpours get to ya :(

I think we are going to aim for May 10-17. We went in early June once and it didn't rain a single drop so maybe it will be getting further from the time frame of the "April showers." ? I know it's unpredictable! Wish us luck!!

mommy2maddi
05-11-2015, 02:11 PM
We went April 27-May 3 this year and it was busy, but not unmanageable. It was more crowded in August the last time we went. I was kind of surprised at the crowd level since Easter was long over and there were no school breaks that usually occur but with good planning and realistic expectations it was a great trip!

PopPhan
05-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Just returned from an April 30 - May 5 trip and have to say that the crowds were no worse than mid to late September. There were a lot of cheer groups, but they didn't seem to clog up the parks. Rate about 4 - 5 on a scale of 10.

Typical wait times for non-E-Ticket attractions was in the 30 minute range, which is about as close to walk-on as you are going to see anymore. Even the E-Ticket attractions were in the 60 - 90 minute range. Even Soarin' only had a 50 minute wait at 2:30 in the afternoon! (We had FP+ and it was a 5 minute queue to ride.)

The weather was perfect! mid-80's for highs and 60's for lows. The only rain we saw was on the last night of our stay and it was well after the parks were closed.

faline
05-12-2015, 09:50 AM
May is one of our favorite times to visit. Yes, it is busier than it was in years past but we have found it to still be a manageable time of year to visit.