PDA

View Full Version : Jambo or Kidani

Mrs Bus Driver
05-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Just been toying around with the idea of a Dec vacation and was looking at a stay at AKL with a savanna view. Does if make a difference which one we stay at? If so which is better and why? TIA :mickey:

SBETigg
05-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I've only stayed at Kidani and it was wonderful. There's a shuttle between Kidani and Jambo, so you can easily enjoy both resorts no matter which you choose. We had a great view of the Sunset Savanna and were close to elevator/lobby, so we really enjoyed our Kidani location. Jambo did have the better gift shop and dining/lounge options, but Kidani has Sanaa and a relaxed vibe that I enjoy. Kidani was also first pick up for buses when I was there. I couldn't tell you which to choose. I think they're both great.

lawgirl
05-04-2015, 10:09 AM
I love both of them. Kidani felt alot more remote to me. The lobby is smaller, and while the gift shop offers some pre-packaged foods and groceries, it is a pretty far walk to Jambo for breakfast at the Mara or Boma. We stayed in a 1 bedroom that had a kitchen, so we ate breakfast in the room most of the time (I recommend buying groceries and having delivered). And depending on your preferences, Sanaa can have a somewhat limited menu (my hubby is Indian, so we both love Sanaa...but its not for everyone's taste.)

The kids splash area at Kidani is the best at WDW in my opinion.

It seems to me the main difference is that Kidani is more remote and quiet, and Jambo has alot more activity and dining options (which is only a 5-10 minute walk away from Kidani, so it's not like you are that far away.)

If you are travelling with small kids, I like Jambo. But if you are looking for a more peaceful trip, Kidani would be great. You can't go wrong either way!

Mrs Bus Driver
05-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Thank you both for your replies. I do find the remote and quiet thing appealing. Would only be doing breakfast in the room, so that's pretty easy. The rest of the time we'll be eating out as I don't cook while on vacation (I do most of the cooking at home). I love the idea of sitting out on the patio/balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee and watching the animals.

lawgirl
05-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Sounds like Kidani is a great fit for you! It is a very long hotel, so if you prefer to be near the lobby or nearer to Jambo make sure you request that. It has some very long hallways! But it is gorgeous!

ThanxForNoticin
05-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Sounds like Kidani is a great fit for you! It is a very long hotel, so if you prefer to be near the lobby or nearer to Jambo make sure you request that. It has some very long hallways! But it is gorgeous!

I agree 100%. We really enjoy the Kidani side of the resort, but will ask for a room closer to Jambo - so we get the best of both worlds. The feel of Kidani, easy walking access to both pools, and walking access to the restaurants and gift shop at Jambo..... Enjoy!