PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Tails?

avionicstraveler
05-02-2015, 09:31 AM
I see Cap'n Jacks has closed. Other than Fultons, is there anywhere my husband can find lobster tails vs a full lobster?

He doesn't eat meat off of bones and didn't have a good experience dismantling his lobster last visit.

catasaid
05-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I had double lobster tails at Narcossi's when we were there in December (2014). The waitress heard my accent (huh...what accent?? LOL) and asked if I was from Boston (nope, Rhode Island), then cautioned me that I might not like the Florida lobster if I was used to New England lobster. Well, the "Florida" lobster tails were delicious! The meat of the lobster was softer than a NE lobster...but the taste was delicious!

avionicstraveler
05-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your help. I may see if we can score a reservation here for watching NYE fireworks

SBETigg
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Narcoossee's also serves a whole Maine lobster, but they make it very easy to get to all the meat. When I had it, it came mostly cracked and snipped so that the shells were more presentation than hindrance. Though if the thought of the shells makes him squeamish, they might be able to serve it lazy style. Not sure what they are willing to do, but always worth asking.

avionicstraveler
05-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Thank-you Sherri

My DH doesn't ask for much at Disney but he does enjoy his lobster dinner. Last time we went to Fultons and he received the whole thing on his plate. Our waiter was very helpful and he helped dh through it.

Nice to know Narcooses makes it more of a presentation. Thanks!

TheDuckRocks
05-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Last time we were at Narcoosee's I asked about the whole Maine lobster and if they would serve it without the shell and the answer was an absolutely yes, just ask when you order.
The reason I asked was because my BIL arranged for a shore excursion, on a Canadian cruise we took, to a Lobster Bake. He flat out refused to touch his lobster because of the shell. My sister won't have anything to do with any type of fish, eat it, touch it or look at it. I had to shell his for him.

SBETigg
05-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Last time we were at Narcoosee's I asked about the whole Maine lobster and if they would serve it without the shell and the answer was an absolutely yes, just ask when you order.

Kay, I suspected as much but thanks for confirming.

AvonleaCF
05-07-2015, 08:37 AM
And don't forget you can get a lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House in MK. :thumbsup:

avionicstraveler
05-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks very much for all of your help. Narcooses it is!

mydisneygirls
05-08-2015, 04:53 PM
And don't forget you can get a lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House in MK. :thumbsup:

I got the lobster roll last year and didn't care for it -- too much mayo or something. Might be because I'm spoiled from living in Boston!

SBETigg
05-09-2015, 03:22 PM
I got the lobster roll last year and didn't care for it -- too much mayo or something. Might be because I'm spoiled from living in Boston!

I agree with you. The lobster roll was a letdown. Mostly a mayo veggie roll with a little lobster chopped in.