PDA

View Full Version : Can Friends Come to My Resort's Pool?

Monkeespaw
05-02-2015, 07:34 AM
We are staying at the Yacht Club. My daughter's friend's family are staying at Pop Century. We booked our trips so that we can meet up a couple of times while in WDW. Are they allowed to come swim with us at the Yacht Club one afternoon?

BrerGnat
05-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Probably not. They require proof of being a resort guest for everyone trying to enter the pool area, kids included. You would have a much easier time joining them at the Pop pool.

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I would imagine the answer from Disney will be "no". They are very diligent about making sure only BC/YC guest use this pool. You might have better luck at other resorts, but I doubt you'll have much luck here.

faline
05-02-2015, 10:59 AM
We are staying at the Yacht Club. My daughter's friend's family are staying at Pop Century. We booked our trips so that we can meet up a couple of times while in WDW. Are they allowed to come swim with us at the Yacht Club one afternoon?

Although some resorts might allow you to bring guests to the pool with you if you ask them, the Yacht Club is likely not one of them. Even vacation club members who have pool hopping privileges are not allowed to use this pool.

BrerGnat
05-02-2015, 11:14 AM
There is a quiet pool at the Yacht club, out in the back. No one will stop your friends from joining you at that pool.

MNNHFLTX
05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I would ask guest services at the resort whether it's okay for your friends to join you at any of the Yacht Club pools. If it's a busy time of year they may say no, but you never know. This would be true of any resort, even if you wanted to go swim at Pop Century with your friends. It's always best get permission when it comes to outside guests using the pool area. :swim:

LynneM
05-04-2015, 08:01 PM
The Yacht and Beach Club main pool has the most restricted access of any resort pool on property. It's gated, and each person entering the pool area needs a magic band showing that they're a registered guest of YC/BC/BCV.

You can ask a lifeguard for permission to have your friends join you. Guest services can't help you; the lifeguards 'own' the pool area and it's their decision.

Tinkerbella16
05-06-2015, 05:47 AM
I would think the answer to this is no. YC/BC pool is so restricted. We went to take pictures of it after dinner at Cape May Cafe one night last year and we couldn't even get near the pool, before a lifeguard came over to ask us for our magic bands. We told him we were just taking pictures. You must be a guest staying at that specific resort to use the pool.

Monkeespaw
05-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Thank you all.

minnie-mouse
05-26-2015, 01:58 PM
I was just there last month. The whole pool area is gated and they ask to check your magic bands before entering.

Monkeespaw
06-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Thank you !