PDA

View Full Version : Only one person using dining plan?

mickeys_princess
05-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Hello! :mickey: I know splitting meals on the dining plan is a no no but is it ok to go to a restaurant and only use one credit on the dining plan and pay for another person? Not trying to cheat the system or anything! We both have the dining plan but if I wanted to go to a meal by myself then we would end up with an extra credit. Does this make sense?

Hog
05-01-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't see why this would be an issue. If it is just split the bill up and use 2 payments.

vicster
05-01-2015, 04:20 PM
You can always pay for your meal by yourself out of pocket

Strmchsr
05-01-2015, 04:26 PM
That's not a problem at all. Just tell your server.

DANAM
05-06-2015, 08:30 AM
We do this all the time its no problem. Just let your server know when you order. As for sharing meals as long as your both on the dining plan its actually not a problem. My daughter and I shared several times on our last trip. She couldnt always finish a whole entree and some places we would like to try and appetizer.

AvonleaCF
05-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Yeah just when they ask if you're on the plan say "no" and you'll pay out of pocket. I did this on a previous trip when I used 2 credits for a signature restaurant and needed to pay out of pocket for the empty night. The hostess and waitstaff won't know if you're on the plan or not unless you say yes when checking in.

Kairi_7378
05-09-2015, 09:06 AM
One of my coworkers did this on his last trip. His wife and son are very picky eaters, and ate chicken fingers at some of the finest restaurants in WDW. They paid cash for the chicken fingers and bank up the unused credits for some 2-credit meals.