PDA

View Full Version : Water Pageant/Wishes from Poly

IloveJack
04-30-2015, 10:35 PM
We want to watch the Water Pageant and Wishes from the Poly on our quick trip this summer. However, we will be staying at FWC. How early should we arrive to get a decent view, or does it ever get crowded?

Polynesian Dweller
04-30-2015, 11:24 PM
The beach could get crowded even when the full beach was available but except for special occasions there was always some space. After the construction of the bungalows, only the area from the west end of the Hawaii building to the dock is available, the east side is partially to fully blocked. So it can be busy and I would suggest you get there 30 minutes in advance.

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2015, 12:08 PM
I always read about the beach at the Poly getting crowded for viewing of Wishes and the water parade. We always dine at Ohana on our first night in Disney. We have watched Wishes from the beach after dinner on probably 95% of those trips. In all of our trips (somewhere around 18) we are almost always the ONLY people on the beach for Wishes. We have never seen the beach anywhere near crowded. Of course we have never been there on July 4th or New Year's, which is when I have heard it gets very crowded. We have been at all other times of the year, including Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, and summer. We have yet to see a crowd on the beach for Wishes or the water parade.

That said, the area in which you can see Wishes from the Poly beach has been drastically reduced with the addition of the bungalows. I have even read what I will call rumors, that non Poly guests may not be able to access the beach for Wishes any more. I have no idea if this is accurate, just what I have read on several occasions recently.

IloveJack
05-04-2015, 01:36 PM
If we can't gain access to the beach at the Poly, what would be the second best place to view the fireworks from outside the MK? We've watched from the balcony of the Contemporary before, but I want to see the Water Pageant, too. Thanks!

deedee73
05-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I would say the deck area of the Grand Floridian or the pool area there.