PDA

View Full Version : Planning Meeting...so to speak!

sonamae80
04-30-2015, 10:59 AM
So, this Sunday, I am sitting down with all our family who will be going with us on our next trip! There are 15 of us total (8 adults, 7 kids all under the age of 10)! Now me and my OCD way of planning, have created sheets with the park hours, including EMH, each parks' rides and their height requirements and a tips and tricks sheet! This trip is all about each family being able to do what they want, and us all coming together for 1 meal a day! Am I over doing it?! :) I actually have a tentative itinerary too, but I didn't include that one - I figured that might be overkill! :D:D

86 days to go!!!!!!!
:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

faline
04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
You sound very well organized!!!

Snow's Mom
04-30-2015, 08:42 PM
I did a "family of 11" trip with 3 kids, 1 teen, 7 adults. We actually stayed together most of the time. I did an itinerary and....I made my sisters promise ahead of time that they would follow it! The amazing part was that they DID. We had the most wonderful trip imaginable. We all wanted to be with the kids and we took turns pushing strollers, etc.

It's hard to convince people who have never been to the parks that they need to plan. Your cheat sheets sound great. I hope they use them. Have a wonderful trip!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Sounds like an excellent plan to me! Love those family trips..we confer and mostly stay together.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
We did a family trip with 14 - 6 kids 12 and under - And that's what my mother did. We had one meal per day that we were to be together for. She also asked the kids if there was something they wanted to do and anyone they wanted to do and those plans were made. My daughter wanted to ride the carousel with her grandfather. The twins wanted to ride a rollercoaster with their Uncle D. My youngest wanted to ride Peter Pan with his grandmother. My two nephews had requests. All requests were fulfilled. It was a grand time with plenty of free time for all of us, and lots of laughter on our part and our poor waitstaff when we'd all sit for our meals.

#1donaldfan
05-01-2015, 11:48 AM
We have done several multi family trips and I have to say you have to be very organized for each unit to do what they want then come together for the grand meal. We made it work for the most part and had great times. The worst for us is when we try to stay together in a park, that's when we begin to wait on someone else to get a drink, go to bathroom, decide on a plethora of things. You have a sound plan to divide and conquer, then share the spoils of the day together over a meal....:mickey:

minnie04
05-05-2015, 04:39 PM
We used to do big family trips (8 adults, 10 kids) all the time and back when we went they didn’t really use FP, so we would just leave it up to the kids at the moment of what they wanted to do. We would usually always be together. Even when we would stress the fact that everyone could come and go and do whatever they wanted. We always ended up staying close. NOW with the crazy long lines and FP+ we haven’t really done too many trips with a large group, but if we did I would insist on making plans for the day. It's way too hard to get on the rides now without FP+. :mickey:

mostly because the kids are now young adults and go by themselves :(

great memories were always made we would have a blast. It's nice when everyone is on the same page and we were always like that.