PDA

View Full Version : Help me get excited about All Star Sports

lovewalt
04-28-2015, 11:57 PM
Feeling a little disappointed that I couldn't get a Moderate standard room (I am not paying extra for the Pirate room!) for the free dining package. The only free dining package I was able to get is at All Star Sports. I have stayed at Movies, Music and Pop Century so I know what to expect from a value resort. I know it will all be ok and I am lucky to have gotten any free dining package at all but I cant help but feel less excited about a WDW trip than usual.

TheVBs
04-29-2015, 07:13 AM
It can be hard when the plan doesn't come together the way you'd hoped. But, by the time you get there and get into the full swing of the trip, you'll have a blast! :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-29-2015, 09:40 AM
I really like All Star Sports. It's a value, sure, but I'm a sports fan and enjoy the theming. Plus it's first on/off with the All Star bus route.

That said, if you really don't like it have you looked into a room-only discount and pay OOP for food instead of "free" dining. The "free" dining isn't always the best discount. I was able to get a great room discount instead of the "free" dining promotion at a moderate and will come off just fine. Especially when at the value you only get the counter service DDP instead of the regular one and have to pay the upcharge to get regular DDP it might be better off doing the room only.

i'm grumpy
04-29-2015, 11:56 AM
We stayed there last time because it had a larger room discount. We were a little disappointed to not stay at POP, but it was very nice.

#1donaldfan
04-29-2015, 12:38 PM
You are getting free food, so that's a good thing. There are ton's of counter service spots that we like as much or more than a table service, plus NO TIP !! Sports is an okay resort and to be honest it's a place to shower and sleep, the majority of your fun will be in the parks !! :mickey:

taleasoldastime
04-29-2015, 01:21 PM
you are going to have a new resort to add to your list of places you have stayed! that is great! you have a bed to sleep in and a place to eat, which is awesome too! The parks are what it is about anyway! If you really want a nicer resort experience, maybe you could go spend some time hanging out and walking around a deluxe. regardless, im sure you will have a blast and by the time you come back, staying at the all star sports will be the least of your worries! :thumbsup:

Priority Four
04-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Book a room at a Hampton Inn or something in Orlando and stay just one night. I guarantee you'll be exited to check in at Sports.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Best reason to get excited about ASS is that it is located in Walt Disney World!

badkitty
04-30-2015, 12:51 PM
AS Sports is my favorite of all the values. :thumbsup: The property seems smaller and easy to get around. As Strmchsr said, first on and first off for All Star buses. The food court has recently been redone. Sports theme is cute and the pools are nice. I also think there are fewer groups at Sports. I hope you have a good time!

Cinderelley
04-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Think of it as a quest to stay at all the resorts and this is one to cross off of the bucket list. I'm not a big sports fan myself, but I will have a quick stay at ASS in 9 days. I am excited that I get to see a new resort and I'll finally be back to Disney World. :party:

lovewalt
05-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Today,Karen at Magical Journeys ,was able to move us into preferred rooms at Pop Century :clappy:
Not a moderate but I'm feeling a little more excited now!

forever a child
05-09-2015, 06:18 PM
I have two nights books at ASSp for Aug when I drop my DD off to DCP and I am looking forward to checking it out.

Congrats to OP on getting into Pop though. It's whatever makes you happy.