PDA

View Full Version : VenueNext Launches "Express Order" App Trial for Disney's Hollywood Studios Dining

Figment!
04-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Guests using the "Express Order"App from VenueNext will be able to remotely order items from the Backlot Express Restaurant and Hollywood Hills Amphitheater Concessions through May 12th at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The Trial has been announced for the following periods:

From April 28 through May 12, 2015; Guests will be able to order food items in advance for carry-out from Backlot Express.

From April 28 through May 12, 2015; Guests will be able to order food and merchandise items in advance with seat-side delivery at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater prior to a showing of Fantasmic! (only offered prior to the first showing on nights with two shows).

From April 28 through May 4, 2015; Guests will be able to order food items in advance for dine-in with counter pick-up at Backlot Express.

From May 5 through May 12, 2015; Guests will be able to order food items in advance items in advance for dine-in with table-side delivery at Backlot Express.

Payment options are Apple Pay or Credit Card. The App requires Bluetooth and location services activation.

The App is currently available for iPhone and Android devices.

DANAM
04-28-2015, 10:49 PM
I have stood in both lines for what felt like forever so I am very excited about this. I hope they keep this around for Star Wars weekend!

John
04-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Awesome... instead of making a web app as well, they leave windows phone users out in the cold again. Honestly, how tough is it to make a mobile site that does all this. Why does everything have to be an APP?

</end grouchy old man rant> ;)

tjstrike
04-29-2015, 04:32 AM
Will there be an option to use the dining plan to pay ?

Figment!
04-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Will there be an option to use the dining plan to pay ?No, only credit card and Apple Pay are being accepted during the current trial period.

Disney4us2
04-30-2015, 07:05 AM
I received an invite to use the trial from Disney Destinations in my email yesterday. Don't know if I will try it out.

azcavalier
04-30-2015, 12:16 PM
We also got an invite to try this out, but our FPs for Indiana Jones are around 7pm, and we have dinner ressies at Narcoosee's at 9pm. So we won't use it. But it sounds like a good idea.

Fangorn
04-30-2015, 01:21 PM
Just tried to use this app. Not off to a promising start. I got everything set up, ordered our food and hit submit. Then everything cratered. Order did not go through. After working with one of the guys at Backlot assigned to help with this, he eventually found out that the back end had crashed and the system was down.

I did get a free dessert for my trouble. :D

Steve

dreamcatcher
05-04-2015, 03:02 PM
I read a tweet. Someone
tried it at Fantasmic & Backlot Express and it
failed both times. At Fantasmic it said he
needed to be in the park and at Backlot the
restaurant was closed. But his credit card was
charged both times. Also a $3 delivery charge
on a $4 pretzel.:(