PDA

View Full Version : Free dining chaos

CAS
04-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Curious why this hasn't been mentioned recently on the boards. Knowing free dining was approaching on April 27 we got up early to call the reservation line or reserve online, only to find that the website was crashing and all circuits were busy for most of the day. They usually release to cardholders first and the public second but this seemed a little sneaky releasing the benefit in the middle of the night to everyone. We were on the phone for 2 1/2 hours before reaching somebody and finally finding out that our resort was basically booked. Curious if this was some sort of mishap or failure in planning.

CAS
04-28-2015, 07:59 PM
I did however learn about Disney hoarders which could have played a part in the mess.

John
04-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I know our travel agency was battling trying to get thru and book things. Seems like despite all the system upgrades and things over the years and even more recently, reservations are worse than ever.

Katzateer
04-29-2015, 07:03 AM
A coworker is planning a trip for September with her sister. Her sister has been several times but this is the first trip for my friend, her husband and 2 young children. She is extremely unhappy with the entire planning process. They booked hotel months ago, were on the phone hours to get the free dining, had to change hotels. Now they are at Coronado Springs with a 5 year old and 2 year old. That would not be a choice for me with the little ones. I am just hoping all this planning works out and they have a great time!

PopPhan
04-29-2015, 08:28 AM
This is the time that I really feel for my friends at Magical Journeys. The frustration must be almost unbearable. BUT, that is also why I will always book through Magical Journeys -- to save myself all the frustration when something like this happens.

A big THANK YOU to all the Magical Journeys agents :thumbsup: and an apology for making your lives a little bit more hectic!!

Strmchsr
04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
A big THANK YOU to all the Magical Journeys agents :thumbsup: and an apology for making your lives a little bit more hectic!!

:ditto: I know the agents were on the phones from the wee hours of the morning until late, late that night and were facing infinite frustration with crashing systems, being dropped on phone calls after waiting on hold for 2 hours, not being able to price things on the TA website and so on. It's why I will never book through anyone but MJ!

Tink1
04-29-2015, 02:11 PM
The dedication that the magical journeys agents have shown for the last few days is beyond what any normal human should have to endure. Let me tell you that gnashing of teeth, pulling of hair and tears ( yes, tears) have occurred

There is no team so dedicated to their clients.

I love them all

Nanc

eam
04-29-2015, 07:04 PM
The dedication that the magical journeys agents have shown for the last few days is beyond what any normal human should have to endure. Let me tell you that gnashing of teeth, pulling of hair and tears ( yes, tears) have occurred

There is no team so dedicated to their clients.

I love them all

Nanc

Ditto, you guys are the BEST!!!