PDA

View Full Version : Water parks in December

Tank3434
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM
I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever been able to do anything water related in December? We are going this time because I'm sick of melting when I'm there and also figured anything is a nice break from my PA winter but of course my 4 year old I'd nagging he wants to go back to Blizzard Beach..it blows my mind he even remebers! Also we are staying at the Poly and the new pool looks great too. Just wondering if anyone has ever actually got the change to swim or visit the water parks during early December? I know it's pretty much hit or miss but are they even open? Thanks!

faline
04-28-2015, 06:23 PM
During the winter months, one water park stays open while the other goes down for refurb etc - they each close at some point during the winter months but they never both close at the same time.

I've never gone to one of the water parks in December but there are trips when we have happily spent an entire day at our resort pool and have ben quite comfortable doing so. That said, there are also trips in which we never went anywhere near the pool as the weather was just too chilly for my liking (even though the pools are open and heated - after all, you eventually need to get out of the pool)!!! There are other trips when some days would have been nice pool days while others are too chilly.

There's no way of knowing, in advance, which type of weather you will get during your December trip.

Simba 1
05-02-2015, 09:33 PM
We've done about 5 trips in Dec / Jan timeframe over the years and you really can count on anything from swimming to needing mittens....during the same trip! We always manage to swim, but it is at the resort because it's usually mid afternoon when the sun has been out a while before it would be warm enough. Never went to a water park as I don't think we'd have enough hours of warm weather to justify the tickets. It's my favorite time of year to visit because you're not melting all day and the Christmas decorations are so magical. Have a wonderful trip!